Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral/LCVP- SUIT???

Options
  • 22-03-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with having to wear a SUIT for these exams????? Jacket, shirt, tie.
    Asking as a parent, on behalf of son, who is pissed off about it......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

It's obviously his school who are saying this. In our school we wore our uniform, or if we were more comfortable in normal clothes we were allowed wear them in either. The examiner won't care what he wears as long as he's decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If he doesnt want to wear a suit he doesnt have to its not part of the exam and he wont be marked any less for it! He should however be dressed decently [like obviously not in his pyjamas or something :) ]
    If its the school that are asking to him to wear a suit I'd kick up a fuss, the leaving is bad enough without having any of these extra formalities!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

dragona wrote:
    Whats the story with having to wear a SUIT for these exams????? Jacket, shirt, tie.
    Asking as a parent, on behalf of son, who is pissed off about it......
    This is surprising. People are stressed out enough over the prospect of their oral exams, usually their first taste of the Leaving Cert experience. Being dressed in uncomfortable, unfamiliar formal clothes will gain you no extra marks and would likely hinder a candidate. If I were in this situation, I'd consider complaining to the school. Certainly dress neatly (no provocative T-shirts etc), but a special formal dress code seems awfully priggish.

Advertisement