Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Oral Document Help(Art problem)

Options
  • 22-03-2006 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Im posting here because ill get a better response.Anyway I have decided to bring in an painting from an French Artist into the Oral with me.I was thinking of doing somthing with an Impressionism theme.So I was thinking of putting 2-3 paintings on an A3 sheet and describing them.But Im having trouble what paintings to pick.Ideally they'll have to be intresting but easly explained.II probaly have to talk about them for 5 minutes so basic understandings will do for me.

Im doing Art for the L.c my self and had a few painters and paintings in mind but I want to keep it to french painters,probaly beacuse its a french oral.

Really what im looking for are suggestions on intresting paintings to talk about.I dont really mind if its not from the Impressionists period but would like a French Painter(s).

I was thinking Monet and Manet so far but I would like to hear other peoples views.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cezanne's studys are quiet interesting, and are a follow up to impressionism, and then move on to cubism (Picasso) from there. (I know Picasso was Spanish, but he lived mainly in France, and all that... :P ) There's loads to talk about from Impressionism - Post Impressionism -Cubism, then make references to more contemporary art from there...Your examiner won't know what to say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

He he:D I like Picasso and the whole cubism era.Doesnt sound to bad,Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Degas ?:)

or Monet - Cézanne - Matisse

So many options. good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Go for ones that are very different so you can talk more easily about them. I did this for my Leaving.

Go for one old one, one modernist one and one newer one.

Maybe Jacques Louis David, or Poussin (the French love Poussin), Monet is fine, or try Van Gogh, Cézanne or Gaughin. For contemporary, try Leger, very late Picasso. Actually, I don't know many contemporary French artists. Louis le Brocquy is kinda French!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Beware, in picking a popular french artist you are following umpteen others. Select a lesser known trio and researh.

Good luck

Advertisement