Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junction layout change - Phoenix Park

• 22-03-2006 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Driving through the park, I saw big signs announcing a junction layout change commencing soon - this is the junction of the main Park road & the road that would lead you to Farmleigh/Chapelizod.

Anyone know what changes are planned here? Hope they're not making it a no right/left turn :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 myself69

I'd say there putting in a roundabout due to the high level of accidents at that junction. I think there also putting in a one way system around the back roads of the park,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How about the put height barriers on all exits except the main one at conyngham road. Stop trucks and vans using it. They can use main exit for access if need be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Saruman wrote:
    How about the put height barriers on all exits except the main one at conyngham road. Stop trucks and vans using it. They can use main exit for access if need be.
    Trucks and vans are banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thats not what i said :D i said put barriers up to prevent them getting in... This is Ireland.. So trucks and vans may be banned but they still use it!

If they cant physically get in/out then they will not use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

myself69 wrote:
    I'd say there putting in a roundabout due to the high level of accidents at that junction.
    I just spoke with Des Donnelly, the foreman for the work. It's a roundabout because of accidents ("people tearing across", presumably crossing Chesterfield Ave).
    Work will start on Monday 27 March, and should be finished in 3 days, weather permitting (5 days max).
    The Castleknock gate will be closed between 10am and 4pm (I guess there will be diversions, maybe Furze Road opened during that time).
    Part of the grass area at the junction will be cut away. I don't think the bike lane (or is it just a 2nd pedestrian lane :mad: ) will be affected.

As the motivation was accidents it goes to show you the power of idiots!
    Instead of punishing the dangerous drivers we'll penalise everyone (I do admit that the roundabout will help those from Ordnance Road and North Road cross Chesterfield Ave).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Roundabouts do two things two accidents (a) the muppets can't get up to take-off speed (b) accidents at roundabouts tend to be glancing rather than head-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Roundabouts are also pedestrian and cyclist killing machines, however.

Advertisement