Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair colouring / highlights problem

• 22-03-2006 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

An amount of time ago, i got highlights in my hair. Right now, for certain reasons which i can't say for certain reasons, i have to get different highlights. My hair is black.

I cant wait more than two days for certain reasons so growing it and clipping off tips is not an option. But i cannot go to a hairdressers and have them make it black and then put in the highlights, i must make it black myself, for certain reasons, and then go to the hairdressers and get the highlights.

Basically my question is, how do i make my hair all black again myself, if i want to get blonde highlights done the next day? Where can i get the product i need for this?

And please do not reply if all u have to do is discuss the certain reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

i must admit due to the "certain reasons" it was a little confusing to read, however i ll say no more on that.

I would strongly advice you to go to the hairdressers to get the colour changed as you want, because they will have to remove the blond hightlights ( basically strip them) and then put the black in place. I may be a little wrong in the exact details to this, however this is what i was told had to be done when i went from blond to brown, so as to prevent the blond highlights constantly coming through and me having to keep going back to get them covered.

Basically what im saying is, if you can do go to the hairdressers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Depending on the colour you put on your hair, the highlights could go any colour! I'd recommend "filling" the highlights with a red colour (even a semi) before tinting them black.

I agree with Heyes - "certain reasons" sounds pretty dodge to me!!! and I recommend going to a hairdresser otherwise you could end up ruining your hair. Oh, and please note that the colour you put over your highlights WILL fade and they will show up (to a point) again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 2 the xtreme

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip10013.htm

What do you thinmk of this info? Where would i get these ingredients?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'd say go to a hairdresser. Bleaching hair yourself is tricky business. Heyes is right - the colour will have to be stripped from your hair in order to place black back in properly. I have black hair myself (with highlights) and it's very tricky to colour. I wouldn't do it on my own.

Advertisement