Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the cheapest store for basic clothing?

• 22-03-2006 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is Penneys the cheapest store for clothing with no design or logo? If not where is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

penneys or shaws(almost nationwide)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

agreed pennies is your best bet. or could actually get some in tesco's or dunnes ( however in comparason to pennies or tesco, dunnes might be more pricey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Pennies you just can't go wrong with penneys!!
    That or h&m...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Penneys... although even they are not as cheap as the el cheapo places in town like Guineys and places like that.. oh and the bargain basement in Arnotts is pretty damn good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

What about heatons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Mr.E old

Heatons can sometimes be pricy. I think either Dunnes or Penneys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Definately Pennys!!

.... it would be great if they had a store-card or a points club thingy like dunnes and house of fraser...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rach_horn

:D primark!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

TK Max

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spot the shill?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Micheal Guinees/Pennies/Tesco/Dunnes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

rach_horn wrote:
    :D primark!!!!:D
    You in the UK? It's called Penneys in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Spot the shill?
    Thought that myself...time will tell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

penneys by far its perfect for basics and for short lived trends. dunnes is much more pricey. tesco is quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Guinees + tesco
    obviously the quality is **** but its cheap as chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

H+m and topshop is great for no logo cheap t-shirts!Although u really cant beat pennys....ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I find H&M plain tshirts are the best fit and quality. Topshop ones shrink. All my plain tees had become belly tops after the first wash whereas my H&M ones are still going strong like 2 years on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

LadyLotts wrote:
    I find H&M plain tshirts are the best fit and quality. Topshop ones shrink. All my plain tees had become belly tops after the first wash whereas my H&M ones are still going strong like 2 years on.

Wierd!me too-it always annoys me when my topshop ones turn into little belly tops.This hapens to the pennys ones too.Definatly the most durable are h+m

I do find H&M clothes are durable, apart from threading at the seams after a while.
    My fave for basic items are Penneys, H&M and Dunnes. Being in Glasgow half the year, I use a store ccalled New Look alot too. They're good for jeans as while they are cheap, they do them in different lengths. :)
    And Primark here isn't as good as Penneys, although it is fine for the basics like sock, t-shirts, tights, bags, belts, undies. Anything else is a bit hit-and-miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

kittex wrote:
    Being in Glasgow half the year, I use a store ccalled New Look alot too.
    we have it here too believe it or not..

• Advertisement

I know they have opened some stores recently in Tallaght and Navan alright.

They can be over-priced sometimes for the quality you get, but as I say, great for jeans. :)
    i find them good for work shirts and jackets as well.

Advertisement