Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get retro soccer jerseys?

• 22-03-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

on the hunt for a few retro jerseys, just going through that phase.

in particular looking for the utd home jesey with the laces (around 91/92). does anyone still make these or sell them? i know of a few sites but it's all 1968 stuff and the 1st jerseys etc...

apart from ebay, i cant seem to find that lace one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

thats the problem when you only start supprting a team when they start winning :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i`ve the lace one,but sorry its for keeps,
    just google it,might find it some where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Anyone else remember the Norwich away jersey around about 94/95? It was a magnificent white and purple design, I've been halfheartedly hunting for it since I saw it in a Premiership stickerbook many years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

thats the problem when you only start supprting a team when they start winning :p

ive 1 or 2 pre-90's jerseys but never recall having that famous lace one. not so much the success that im after, it's the jersey itself - nicest manu jersey ever imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Mark wrote:
    Anyone else remember the Norwich away jersey around about 94/95? It was a magnificent white and purple design, I've been halfheartedly hunting for it since I saw it in a Premiership stickerbook many years ago.

Yeah I do:D And not a hope in hell of getting one. It was a UEFA cup shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I found an amazing old-skool (and original might I add) jerseys over in Southampton last month. Theres a shop near the ground that does them for dirt cheap. Not much use to you I'm sure but anyway...

http://file006.bebo.com/large/2006/03/04/12/17155089a368500998b107339910l.jpg

http://file006.bebo.com/large/2006/03/04/12/17155089a368500968b434224984l.jpg

http://file006.bebo.com/large/2006/03/04/12/17155089a368501787b840618574l.jpg

(I bought the one on the right there for £15)

If you still want one next time I'm going over I'll have a look for you.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I found an amazing old-skool (and original might I add) jerseys over in Southampton last month. Theres a shop near the ground that does them for dirt cheap. Not much use to you I'm sure but anyway...

If you still want one next time I'm going over I'll have a look for you.

interesting alright, pity im not a southampton fan! i would've thought it would be handy enough to pick any man utd shirt up, especially a premiership shirt. but it seems to be impossible!

i think ebay is my best option atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

smemon wrote:
    interesting alright, pity im not a southampton fan! i would've thought it would be handy enough to pick any man utd shirt up, especially a premiership shirt. but it seems to be impossible!

i think ebay is my best option atm.

He had plenty of old-skool United jerseys too, I even got my brother a Yeovil one. They had Derry City ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Check out

www.toffs.co.uk for repros and www.subsidesport.com who stock shirts from years back for most clubs

yeah came across toffs before, too old of jerseys im afraid! subside are the opposite - too new! oldest they go back to is '96. handy link though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

np-blue-shirt-extraction2.gif
    1739.jpg

there's 2 there plus i'll find the other one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

hi someone said there was a deadly sale on linked from this soccer forum but I can't find it anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Elverys are doing retro Dublin jerseys at the moment. Not football I know but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

classicfootballshirts.co.ok has the offending jersey you're looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

http://www.scoredraw.com/

The have the one you are looking for i.e the 92-94 jersey which I believe we done the double in 1993-1994.

Bought one myself, I believe these are the only people supported/contracted by the clubs to produce official retro jerseys. They aren't the originals but the same design and quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

smemon wrote: »

in particular looking for the utd home jesey with the laces (around 91/92). does anyone still make these or sell them? i know of a few sites but it's all 1968 stuff and the 1st jerseys etc...

I seem to recall the official united site selling retro shirts - definitely remember the '77 (admiral) one and the '85 home. Might be worth a try.

Here's a handy reference page: some memories in here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Don't bother with the online stores, they buy of ebay and mark up bigtime.

You'll pick that one up on ebay over the space of a few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

stovelid wrote: »
    I seem to recall the official united site selling retro shirts - definitely remember the '77 (admiral) one and the '85 home. Might be worth a try.

Here's a handy reference page: some memories in here. :)

The ones that are on the manutd.com shop are the scoredraw ones I linked to.
    Don't bother with the online stores, they buy of ebay and mark up bigtime.

You'll pick that one up on ebay over the space of a few weeks...

If you are looking for original one the yes.

Advertisement