Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new build

• 22-03-2006 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Heres my new one, finally getting started on it. I have only gotten a dvd rom, dvdrw and a scsi pci adapter :) Now have to get the rest of it before everything gets out of date! I plan to use it for a bit of everything, mostly gaming. The case is called "Mustang", colour black and has a 420W raidmax psu.

Front
    Side

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I'd try to pick up a replacement power supply if I were you... Raidmax aren't supposed to be very respectable. For about 40 euro you could get a much better fortron off komplett. I woulnd't risk blowing up all my parts with that psu.

Good luck with the build though! SCSI hard drives, I like the sound of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

what brand psu would you recommend, i dont think komplett ship to the US :) something antec maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Oh woops, didn't see your location in the US there. Should have guessed by the raidmax power supply, don't think you can get them over here.

Heres a very good guide to picking a power supply. Anything on the list should be good, even the very cheapest. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1000883

If that list can't help you pick a power supply I don't know what will !

I think newegg in the states stock some decent Fortron / FSP / Sparkle power supplies for nice and cheap. Those 3 are the same power supplies in case you're wondering.

ah cool, i do shop at newegg and outpost.com also, will have a look around. cheers for the tips.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Alot of guys on forums.amd.com have the Epower Puma 2, its probably the best bang for buck PSU on Newegg.

Also the Antec True power 2 is good and reasonbly priced.

• Advertisement

Cool, the antec truepower 2 is $64.99 with free shipping, not too bad considering it might save all the fancy hardware I intend to buy :)

This one "ePOWER ZU-500W 500W Power Supply - Retail" is $47.99 (6.99 shipping), think that would do the job?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Spend the extra $11 and get the Antec;)

Its worth it,

pah its $81 dollars for the antec one in the shops near me, so im going with the one online. cheers for the replies.

Advertisement