Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen seal

Options
  • 22-03-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Just recent I noticed a banging noise on my roof of the car while driving. At this stage I was going 60kph and could not pull over. I was thinking, maybe it was my aerial, that it could of come loose.
    Upon inspection, I found that the top rubber seal around the window had come loose, and only lifts either when I am going 50-60kph, or if it is very windy.
    Is there any bond of some sort that I could buy, just to restick the seal on, or would it just be as quick, and cheaper to go to some windscreen center?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

There's black sealent you can get that comes in a tube similar to silicon for house windows, I've seen guys fitting replacement windscreens using it, I'm guessing any good motor factors should stock it.

Advertisement