Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

external mic

• 22-03-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi,
    can anyone recommend a good external mic (xlr connector equipped). My onboard camera mic is shocking.
    cheers,
    reece

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

For Dialogue, or Ambient?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

dialogue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭anothervictim

You probably dont want to spend much. i think the type you need is a hyper-cardiod condenser. Meaning a mic that picks up sound from a focused direction and has detailed sound. The best example I can think of in a low price range is the AKG c1000s. if you just put that into google you'll get more info about the mic. prices vary wherever you shop. audio equip is cheaper from the states. If your importing from there however, ask the seller if they would declare the value for less than 90 dollars, as this way you wont pay the ridiculously high import tax. I'd also recommend the postage option of "global express expidited", faster and more reliable. you'd still be saving. but sayin that also check out these german sites; www.thomann.de and www.musik-service.de .

also, if your using an external mic, you'll need to amplify it to get a decent quality. you can get a little behringer mixer for €50. This will also give you the option of using 2 or more mics at the same time, if you want to create a stereo image. e.g. a mic away from the interviewee to pick up ambience in the background. or 2 people conversing. you could then adjust the mixture of the 2 using the mixer.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

www.musicstore.de are very good also and sometimes have better deals than thomann, they will also send you a free catalogue;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

a seenheiser k6/me66 is one of the best camera xlr mics ive used .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

thanks for all the replies,
    cheers,
    reece

Advertisement