Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fastest Way to Get to Dublin from Bray?

Options
  • 22-03-2006 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm dying (dieing?) to know what the quickest way to Dublin city centre is from Bray, taking traffic, speed limit and distance into consideration is it better to go the M50 route or N11? And what's the best exit from the M50 to take to get to Rathmines and the City Centre (say along the quays?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

N11 to Booterstown. Head down Booterstown ave and follow rock road in to city cemtre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

muletide wrote:
    N11 to Booterstown. Head down Booterstown ave and follow rock road in to city cemtre
    rock road brutal these days due to works best use m50 to lucan/palmerstown turn off and head into city end up at hueston station and along the quays but avoid if travel at peak times otherwise any route does it,also take n81 tallaght turn off but head east(3rd exit) the templeogue,rathdown/terneure then rathmines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

D A R T

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

D A R T
    Without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

If you don't need the car in town, it's a no-brainer - take the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This is for when I do need the car;) Sure the DORT is a 24 minute walk from my house, a 5-10 minute wait and then a 35-40 minute journey so it's not that good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Still work out quicker than a car

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Definitely the DART, or if you're desperate the bus. The 145 practically goes past my door, but is as unpredictable as hell, so I drive down to the Dart station and park on the seafront where there's theoretically 3hr parking. They only check once in a blue moon though, and the fines aren't much anyway. I only drive into Dublin if I'm picking something big and heavy up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You don't give some fundementals in your question, like what time of the day the journey will be taking place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

cormie wrote:
    This is for when I do need the car;) Sure the DORT is a 24 minute walk from my house, a 5-10 minute wait and then a 35-40 minute journey so it's not that good for me.

Then drive to it. 5 mins.
    Time it so you only have to wait 5 mins.
    then 40 minute journey,

50 mins total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Take the M50 to the sandyford exit, come off the roundabout and head straight for town along the road you'll be heading towards Ranelagh. im sure you can figure a way to rathmines.

Alternativley cycle some of the way... its not that far from bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

depending on traffic, and exactly where you are going in the city, you could try M50 to dundrum and then go through ranelagh towards the city.

Advertisement