Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Eleven 10

Options
  • 23-03-2006 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any news on this? It's released on 27th April.

Do you reckon it'll be worth getting if you already have WE9?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

yeah saw that the other day, but couldnt find much else about it.
    Find is strange that there seems to be so little info on it, being released so soon.

edit: just read this, so hopefully we'll have some news later today
    http://www.pesinsight.com/showpost.php?p=608360

and this for $5 off preorder with play-asia.com
    http://www.pesinsight.com/showpost.php?p=592622

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

News conference today, nothing too much revealed as of yet, apart from some rumour confirmations that have been known for a couple of weeks. It's the same with every WE release though, we get fed very little up until the last week or two.
    Some screen shots released but graphics are already known not to be one of the main improvement departments, as the PS2 has hit its limits.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29572

For all the updates as they happen. We have our news men scouring Asian webspace trying to uncover the smallest of details/ news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

This year's Winning Eleven is coming out a bit earlier than usual, Konami's announced, so that everyone will have it in time for the World Cup.

Reports based on a Famitsu preview and an unveiling event earlier today also identify some of the changes fans of the series - known as Pro Evolution Soccer in the west - can expect from the game, which is being released on PS2 in Japan on 27th April.

Player animation is a big deal, as ever, we're told - with shooting animations in particular coming in for close scrutiny by the development team.
    Advertisement

According to reports on the Famitsu piece, producer Seabass and his team are also introducing a Simple Setting, which automates things like formations and substitutions - which should be enormously useful for those without the time or patience to learn the subtleties of Winning Eleven's hugely complex and versatile stat system. There's also talk of simplifying passing, shooting and through balls.

Apparently the refs have been reined in a bit too, and won't give so many free-kicks - something that annoyed people when initially adapting to last year's versions, which made it much harder to gain possession just by pressing forcefully.

Most of the other changes mentioned are to do with game modes - Master League, for example, will now allow you to select whether you want players to age or not. There will also be a new International Challenge mode, where you get to take part in regional qualifying for a World Cup of sorts.

Speaking of which, the amount of licensing has gone up - apparently the English, Italian, Dutch, Spanish and Argentinean national teams are now licensed.

On top of that there'll be a Random Selection Match, allowing you play as teams comprised entirely of randomly selected players - which is good news for those of you who play random teams during lunchtime or after the pub, anyway.

Finally, there's talk of a quick start feature that lets you skip through all the pre-match hoo-hah by pressing L1 and R1 together when prompted.

Expect much of this information to be clarified by Konami when it inevitably unveils Pro Evolution Soccer 6, which should also be released on a much wider range of formats than Winning Eleven usually is; expect PES6 to appear on PS2, PC, Xbox 360, PSP and perhaps others sometime later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

it sounds good enough so i went ahead and pre-ordered it! if even just to be rid of those damn whistle-happy refs!

A new WE is always worth it. :D

It's kind of a tradition now, I just have to get them, no questions.

• Advertisement

yeah, i'm getting that way myself!

i checked out that evo-web thread yesterday but i just couldn't be arsed trawling through the whole xbox360/next-gen discussion that was going on in the middle.

hopefully some helpful person over there will get translating it straight away so maybe by the time my copy arrives i'll be able to patch it!

The very first post is always updated with the important stuff anyway. ;)

And yes, Fernando will be on it as soon as it's available, as he always is. :)

I got it, starting Master League now but cant figure out which is which

thought it wasn't released til thursday..

It isn't but I got it. Played it until half 4 this morning then up again at 9 and playing it since.

• Advertisement

i didn't really think before posting that. should really have figured out where people got it straight away!

reviews on evo-web sound good. can't believe fernando's already has a basic translation patch out!

can't wait to get my copy.

The translation is only very basic like he said. The main menu is in Japanese but at the bottom there's a basic translation. Tactics and stuff like that are still hard to figure out because there's so much to go through. Gameplay wise its an improvement. Sometimes the keepers spill the ball from shots making scrambles in the box happen more often. Shooting is better and tackling like reported is better with fouls not happening too often. I had 3 sent off in my first game where you pick the best players at Random from an area but they were deserved red cards.

The formation screen is a nightmare at the moment, haha.

Everything else seems really good, no slowdown, crowd is back (if not worse than ever :) ) and the advantage system seems to finally be sorted out for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Any patches for it yet :D

Cmon Dar you should be prepared , link to patch ???......:)

kdjac

dar83 wrote:
    The formation screen is a nightmare at the moment, haha.

Everything else seems really good, no slowdown, crowd is back (if not worse than ever :) ) and the advantage system seems to finally be sorted out for the best.

I can barely figure the formation screen, I have a mate who's wife is Japanese who's gonna help me out with translations. He's currently on his way back to Japan for meetings so will be back on line later.

Dar anysign of an english name option file about?

Got that already but no english names on it.

The option file will take a while, as people have been using PC based editors to make the option files in the last year or so.

It's all well and good with an editied Para.bin file, but when loading them up on a new WE, the names are all set to "default" on the option file, so the new game keeps them default.
    It's down to someone to either have an OF they made themselves for WE9, or else someone starting one from scratch.

Fernando is working as we speak, you've already found the first patch, more will follow shortly from what I can see. ;)

Yes! My copy shipped from play-asia today!

I'm regretting choosing the cheapo "Airmail Economy Bubble" postage now though. Anybody any idea how long that will take to get to Dublin?

• Advertisement

Partial option files on Evo web now, would link but by the time i do they will have been updated :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PESrules

got we10 yesterday its brill

the goals are much more realistic

Bad news on the translation front though, looks like Fernando has quit. Not too suprising, he was finding it harder to find the time every release and he's just fed up with the money making fúckers using his patch to fill their pockets.

I've not had a chance to check yet (been in college all day) but I guess our next hope is that Reefur will decide to do a translation, just as he did for his WE8:JL patch. Here's hoping....

what ever happened to reefur?

his site vanished as he was in the middle of a mega we9 patch..

ISP troubles.

He's still around, you just need to know the right places to look. ;)
    No signs from him yet as to whether he'll be doing a translation or not, but if anything develops I'll let you guys know.

I got the game , its at home but i am yet to play it. Cant wait to give it a try.

mind if i ask where you ordered from and what shipping you chose?

can't wait to get mine!

The translation work will be continued. ;)

No more news as of yet, but what Fernando began, will be carried on and finished. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PESrules

nialldinho wrote:
    mind if i ask where you ordered from and what shipping you chose?

can't wait to get mine!

I dont think its an original copy.
    The game wont be out until tomorrow so even if you bought it now, they are not gonna send it until monday i d say

• Advertisement

PESrules wrote:
    I dont think its an original copy.
    The game wont be out until tomorrow so even if you bought it now, they are not gonna send it until monday i d say

it got released early. play-asia and lik-sang both started shipping on monday

Advertisement