Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from FS Computer Hardware

Options
  • 23-03-2006 1:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭

I'd like to know why I'd been banned from the above forum.
    I replied on a post from Lemmings about his request from a guy selling 18 CRT monitors on where he got them. I replied after this " None of your business, What are you, a wannabe Garda reserve??
    Here is what I got back as a result.
    "Have a nice ban. I suggest you read the charter before you consider posting again.
    You've been banned for thread spoiling and abusive behaviour towards another user."
    I replied to this as can be seen below

Originally Posted by Lemming
    Have a nice ban. I suggest you read the charter before you consider posting again.
    You've been banned for thread spoiling and abusive behaviour towards another user.
    Quoted by Airblazer
    that's abusive? You're taking the piss aren't you?
    Quoted by Lemming
    Try using the FS Comp hardware forum and tell me if you think I'm taking the piss.

What I want to know is that as the thread had already been approved by another mod and the fact that he replied on this thread with no questions asking why the guy was selling 18 monitors is that is was none of Lemming's business where the guy got them. And as for abusive behaviour? Please..don't make me laugh.
    I also think a 4 week ban is completely over the top and that the only reason I am getting this ban is because I replied to a mod's reply which he didn't like. If this was an ordinary user I'm replied to I'm sure that a mod would have warned me first as most of the mod's seem to do.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The thread.
    Lemming wrote:
    you're banned for thread spoiling and abusive behaviour towards another user.

Quite a different version of what you said happened, which was difficult enough to work our thanks to your crafty/crappy (delete as appropriate) formatting.

Deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Airblazer wrote:
    What I want to know is that as the thread had already been approved by another mod and the fact that he replied on this thread with no questions asking why the guy was selling 18 monitors is that is was none of Lemming's business where the guy got them.

Lemming was the only SHOP mod to reply there , the other mod has nothing to do with the shop section .

There is a charter rule saying that no traders are allowed , or people buying stuff with the sole intent of selling it on boards to make a quick profit.....or something along those lines . So it is perfectly reasonable for the mod to ask a poster , new or old , and this particular poster was new , the details of how he has so many for sale .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

how so was it different?
    I've quoted the pm's sent by me and from Lemmings..and also exactly what I said on my reply...so please enlighten me as to how it's different!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh, you're lucky Airblazer, if I'd found that post, I'd be giving you a month ban for every CRT monitor being sold.

CuLT wrote:
    Heh, you're lucky Airblazer, if I'd found that post, I'd be giving you a month ban for every CRT monitor being sold.

why don't you read your sig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ah, the old "act indignant, insult everyone, register a second account to beat teh mach1ne and they might just listen to my demands" routine. Success rate of about 0.1%, hasn't it?

Airblazer wrote:
    why don't you read your sig?
    Sig??? Coudln't be arsed!!!!

Ah, the old "act indignant, insult everyone and they might just listen to my demands" routine. Success rate of about 0.1%, hasn't it?

I'm not demanding anything. I'm asking.
    Big difference..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054906689

Well done jackass, dual accounts earns you a siteban for both accounts.

Toodaloo!

I'm an idea for a new smiley..the one where he shrugs his shoulders and acts nonchalant:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Airblazer wrote:
    I'm an idea for a new smiley..the one where he shrugs his shoulders and acts nonchalant:rolleyes:
    :clueless:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement