Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone watching Generex biotech?

Options
  • 23-03-2006 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I just started watching generex biotechnology corp. there about a week ago..
    I think there symbol is GNBT (It is for yahoo anyway)
    When I first saw them they were at $2.20 and I had an eye on them last night and they soared to as much as $4.80... They have gone down $3.22 now.. I am just wondering are they worth a punt ? ahs anyone else put any thaught into them?I see they are currently trying to move into Canada with a product..
    What do yo'll think??

Thanks
    Hakko

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Looks like the market didn't like their financials last wednesday.
    Their Gross Profit hasn't done much over the last 4 quarters.

If you read --For the Birds on yahoo - you will see that this is an Avian Flu play -one which they don't have an FDA approved drug for !!!
    If you daytrade this --you might make a few pound but long term-not too sure.

I certainly wouldn't like a $4,80 to $3.20 day drop in any of my stocks.
    Slow and easy does it - you would want some serious market limits on this baby.

Karl.

you'd only be down 14% today :eek:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GNBT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Would it be worth a punt of about 1k and be looking into just the next week or two or even a month to see how they go ? and if they fall just let them off and pull out if they come back up to a feasible amount where you can sell and not have lost anything..?

Would it be worth a punt of about 1k ..?

You'd be down another e120 just today :eek:

Here's another Bird Flu play - STTK.ob -- these are all day/week plays !!!

I do not own any of these either - before anyone starts screaming :rolleyes:
    I don't have the time to monitor daily stocks that can go +/- by 20% within mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TabulaRasa22

Probably not a good long term investment...

• Advertisement

just looking at the two for today

GNBT -- down 10% today -- down 25% over last 5 days
    STTK -- up 25% today -- up 110% over last 5 days.

but hindsight is great when looking at these - should have bought there -shoulda sold there :rolleyes:
    it never works out like that.
    watch these over the next few days and have 1K virtual euro on each and see what happens.

today -- 1k euro on each
    GNBT -- 415 shares
    STTK -- 575 shares

karltimber wrote:
    watch these over the next few days and have 1K virtual euro on each and see what happens.

today -- 1k euro on each
    GNBT -- 415 shares
    STTK -- 575 shares

So we'll say it's two weeks with the markets closed tomorrow.

Our two grand is now worth approx euro1400.
    It's worth doing htis type of exercise for two weeks on a stock you think will sky-rocket.

karl.

Advertisement