Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronics Questions

• 23-03-2006 2:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with the layout of a standard low-power variable resistor(potentiometer) able to tell me about how to connect one? Simple I know but I didn't really think I needed to earth it until today?

Also I have a slightly more specific question regarding some ICs, LM386 and TL072 Op-Amps to be precise and if anyone with even a basic knowledge of these could PM I would be forever grateful.

Also I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum but it seemed the most appropriate place for it. Mods move it at your own discretion.

Thanks in advance to anyone you can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

pots work like this.

so you don't need to earth it.
    it all depends on your application.

what sort of questions on OP-Amps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Thanks man, I was looking all over the net for a simple diagram like that. The op-amp problem is just that I'm making a ciruit ti go into a reverb unit for an amplifier and it uses 3 op-amp, with which I have zero experience. You don't know any other sites like that link you posted which deal with them do you?

the link seems good

Op-Amp stands for operational amplifier, btw, so if ya google that you will get loads of info.

they all work the same way. the differences between different version is in the specifications of some properties, power supply voltage, gain etc.

you can go into indept knowledge finding out how they work, but if ya just want to use one just follow someone elses circuit diagram :) just make sure you check the chip pin out and spec to make sure it is connected right

Thanks man, you've been a big help. I am just following someone else's diagram, the chip isn't even numbered. Anyway thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

As a matter of interest, what type of audio stuff have you built?

I'm trying to get together a project atm. I've seen a nice SSL compressor that can be built easy enough, http://gssl.rolandklinkenberg.com/english/index.html.

• Advertisement

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.
    I'm currently building a Spring Reverb unit and it's my first proper go at an audio unit. Definatly will try more after this though.

Class, got any links for pics/schematics? I'd love to build a hardware reverb, sick of using crappy software plugins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

Anima wrote:
    Class, got any links for pics/schematics? I'd love to build a hardware reverb, sick of using crappy software plugins.
    I have schematics from some years back for a Springline reverb unit - I can scan them in this weekend coming if they'd be of any help to you?

Yeah, that would be great thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

Thoroughly embarrassed, I come back and ask... how the hell do I add a picture attachment to a post?? :o

• Advertisement

when replying there is a paper clip symbol click that.

the browse to file and click upload

Advertisement