Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's that time again. Upgrade time.

Options
  • 23-03-2006 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Well its only an interm list as im on a budget, as always.

Tell me what you think.
    By the way, Im cutting back on the video card as I plan on upgrading it at a later date. I would use my existing one, but it's 'AGP'.
    I have an Antec case already that I got before christmas, so needless to say that will be used.
    Same again with the memory. I have a load of it waiting to be used.

Your opinions are welcome, and any recommendations are also welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Asrock have a board that has both AGP and PCI-Ex x16 so you could use your current card with your x2 setup:

get it into ya synthia!

Asrock have a board that has both AGP and PCI-Ex x16 so you could use your current card with your x2 setup:

get it into ya synthia!

ULI chipset :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

gline wrote:

Kinda OT, but do you think SLI will stand the test of time Gline? Im sure it will always have it's hardcore enthusiasts but TBH im surprised it has not been replaced with somthing more generic.

Kinda OT, but do you think SLI will stand the test of time Gline? Im sure it will always have it's hardcore enthusiasts but TBH im surprised it has not been replaced with somthing more generic.

im not sure, personally i dont think it will, its too expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

gline wrote:

So?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ULI are getting better.

ULI are getting better.

hopefully ;)

gline wrote:
    hopefully ;)

I'd be inclined to ignore your opinion on the matter based on all your bad luck with PCs. :p

How many DFI boards did you go through and how many soundcards did you set fire to? :D

I'd be inclined to ignore your opinion on the matter based on all your bad luck with PCs. :p

How many DFI boards did you go through and how many soundcards did you set fire to? :D

2 dfis and 1 soundcard, whats your point?

uli were known as being crap and used to be only on lowend mobos

i dont know what they are like now, but i had a few maybe 2-3 years ago and they were crap

also im hardly the only person that has rma'd a dfi board, man most people that use dfi have problems at some stage.... its the nature of the boards

• Advertisement

Yes it was a joke.

Come on gline, we seen the smokey images of a toasted PC.

:-)

Come on gline, we seen the smokey images of a toasted PC.

of course, a human error of switching off a water pump in watercooling... S**T happens :D

Careful now, someone might do a search and bring up bad memories.

Careful now, someone might do a search and bring up bad memories.

bah i dont care about that anymore, not since ive been on crutches for over 5 months after a motorbike accident... u think i care about an old pc that is now gone, hehehe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Are the new 7600GS supposed to be faster than the 6600GTs??
    Cant find a review of one anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Read this review of a 7600 GS it wipes the floor with the 6600GT and its only clocked at 400/800

This one is clocked at 500/900 and is €19 less that the 6600GT you're thinking of buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Scruff wrote:
    Read this review of a 7600 GS it wipes the floor with the 6600GT and its only clocked at 400/800

This one is clocked at 500/900 and is €19 less that the 6600GT you're thinking of buying.

Cheers. I've noted that down. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

THe Asrock Dual SATA 2 motherboards are great, and so are ULI chipsets,

Do you think Nvidia would have bought ULI if they werent a threat??

You can also by a Riser card that supports AM2, because that ULI chipset already supports AM2,

So right now, with AM2 on the way, buy the ASrock motherboard, keep your AGP card, and get a beast of a PCIe card whenever you plan on buying it;)

So, its the best option right now, as it supports old tech, current tech and future tech :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

I have a similar MSI board and it's great apart from the NB fan is very loud. Something to consider if you like a quiet pc.

Advertisement