Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brokeback/will &grace

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

LiouVille wrote:
    Dudess: isn't there a book now, nto jsut a short story?
    I'm not sure. I know there's a "from story to screenplay"-type publication doing the rounds and it has the short story and an essay by Annie Proulx. If there is a full-length novel based on Brokeback Mountain though, I want it! If anyone knows whether this is the case and if there is a link to info, could you please post it up? Cheerz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Goodshape wrote:
    People should learn to be more comfortable with their sexuality and not so easily offended by such speculation, imho. And I'd include myself in that.

I think you should be more comfortable with a four way involing two midgets from poland and their donkey. What is with this telling people what they shouldn't and shouldn't be ok with. It's someones private life, bad form to speculate, and when some who is gay, says someone else is gay, more people believe it.

Dudess, I'm pretty certain i've seen the book in waterstones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Your telling people what they should and shouldnt speculate about.

OK then. So I guess you advise to just work on the assumption that everyone is straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

LiouVille wrote:
    I think you should be more comfortable with a four way involing two midgets from poland and their donkey.
    Ah, but I'm perfectly comfortable in telling you that I'm not into that :)

Now, if you're going to start a rumour to that effect behind my back, then that's a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your telling people what they should and shouldnt speculate about.

OK then. So I guess you advise to just work on the assumption that everyone is straight?

How about not assuming people are gay/straight/bi? I'm not talking about situations where people are out on the pull, I'm talking about what goodshape describes as starting rumors behind peoples back. I'm talking about the people who come out with "I know hes gay, he has to be, because my gaydar is super". It's bull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Thats not speculating. Thats advertising.

If I speculate about my ridiculously hot dance teacher,who it seems all 25 women in the class lust after, and I say to my friend "I cant tell if he's gay or not." I cant see whats wrong with that.

But if I go around telling people hes gay thats more than speculating.

Advertisement