Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mikadosoc.ie Update

• 23-03-2006 4:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.mikadosoc.ie/
    Hey All

Just a quick update to let you know that the committee will be in an important meeting with college officials on the evening of Tuesday 28 March 2006.

It is hoped that Mikado will be back soon (relatively speaking) after that meeting.

So, keep your fingers crossed and keep on smiling icon_cool.gif

22 March 2006,
    Mikado Representative.
    Just saw this now, and thought some of ye may be intrested in knowing whats going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Oh yay :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Moist with anticipation

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Oh Yay! Then we can go home Toto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

bopper wrote:
    Oh yay :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Boo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

Does that mean we dont get to have an EGM!? :( They're always fun...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Any mole gonna leak what happened at the meeting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'd say it will go like this:

College officials: Hi Mikado

Mikado: Hi College officals

College officials: Don't bother paying your hosted charges, you won't be needing them.

Mikado: Oh, okay. omg lol aig campo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mloc123 wrote:
    I'd say it went like this
    I highlighted the tense which you got wrong, since the meeting hasn't taken place yet.

HOW PATHETIC IS POINTING OUT GRAMMAR MISTAKES ?
    you are not even in maynooth, tallagh board is that way -->

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

the_syco wrote:
    I highlighted the tense which you got wrong, since the meeting hasn't taken place yet.

I'd call you a nerd, but whats the point, you'd porb wear it like a badge of merit...

the_syco wrote:

oh no, seems I have been burned :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

It's stuff like ^this^ that makes me hope it never comes back

but then I miss the Graveyard thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Placebo wrote:
    Luckily I don't go to there.
    lordgoat wrote:
    I'd call you a nerd, but whats the point, you'd porb wear it like a badge of merit...
    Dude, I was telling the dude that the meeting wasn't untill next week, and not in the past, as he looked like he was waiting for a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Dude! You're getting a Dell!

Placebo wrote:

How pathetic is appearing on every thread about Mikado even though you're oh so above it (not that nobody liked you and you can't get over it)?

Fridge wrote:
    How pathetic is appearing on every thread about Mikado even though you're oh so above it (not that nobody liked you and you can't get over it)?

that is a burn.
    Il have to go to some drinkies to get over this now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Placebo wrote:
    that is a burn.
    Il have to go to some drinkies to get over this now :(

In all fairness Placebo, they're right. You really fall over yourself to tell everyone, every opportunity you get how much you hate it, which seems a bit forced.
    You remind me of that really openly and viciously homophobic father in American Beauty, who turns out to be gay himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Ah for cryin out loud...

If Mikado went wrong, it was because the users were given too much leeway. The guys running the show got pillared by some for being too heavy, others for not being consistent, and yet another group for not giving them enough freedom.

It is ONLY a message board. It is so trivial that it isn't worth moaning about. Mikado went off the rails because the powers behind it tried to please everyone and ended up pleasing nobody. The other issues that cropped up, all the arguments and pathological hatreds of the society are a side issue and are symptoms of this problem.

I'm not defending the failures the soc experienced in running the boards, but I do know that the people running them were decent people who got pillared from every direction everytime something went wrong. And the users are decent folk, mostly. A lot of people got treated badly over the whole debacle on all sides.

But it no longer matters who did what to whom. As far as I'm concerned, what is done is done and the past can't be changed, so leave it behind, that's what I say. I think that all of us, myself included, have said enough about Mikado to write a heavy tome on the subject.

Can we move on, please? There is more to life, and all that. :D

EDIT: And yes, I am aware that I said more than most about Mikado and the *shutdown*... that doesn't mean I can't say it's time to move on. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

How informative of a message to the users.

Really lets us know where we're at.

Gael wrote:
    In all fairness Placebo, they're right. You really fall over yourself to tell everyone, every opportunity you get how much you hate it, which seems a bit forced.
    You remind me of that really openly and viciously homophobic father in American Beauty, who turns out to be gay himself.

i dont hate mikado, i just hated the clique. Its far better now.

Did you post on the wrong thread Trekkypj? Cos noone was really discussing Mikado in depth.

No, Fridge, just venting my stress from essays... I meant to write a short bit but then I saw mloc's prophecy of what would happen at the mikado/college meet. I tried to stop typing, honest. :(

Apologies all.

it was a vision, it came to me the other day when I was having a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

trekkypj wrote:
    Apologies all.
    For making one of the few coherent, sensible and well thought out replies on the thread/whole forum?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    For making one of the few coherent, sensible and well thought out replies on the thread/whole forum?

No, that it took so many words to do it. I hate inflicting long posts on people ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

So what happened with this meeting? Did the University molest Mikado and leave it crying in a back alley somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mr. Nice Guy

shroomfox wrote:
    So what happened with this meeting? Did the University molest Mikado and leave it crying in a back alley somewhere?

honestly if you hate the site so much why do you give a **** what happens to it?

• Advertisement

LOLZ

I heard if it is to come back they will have to read every post before they are put live on the site, hahahahaha.

Advertisement