Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mandriva, NetGear WPN511 & WPA-PSK

• 23-03-2006 4:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a copy of Mandriva Powerpack 2006. It is impressive although it does have distinct disadvantages to SuSE. With SuSE my NetGear WiFi adaptor can connect to my WPA-protected network. Yet with Mandriva, it fails to connect. It will connect if I switch to WEP or just turn off the encryption altogether. I have no idea how to make it work and am looking for suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Hi,

If your using a netgear router the first thing I would try in your situation would be upgrading the firmware.

I am having a similair but not 100% same prob as you are. Using Mandriva 2006 with a Netgear DG834GT / intel pro wlan 2100 and have had a issue where sometimes it point blank refuses to connect.

However once it does actually connect it works fine till reboot. I havent had a lot of time to look at it yet but think it may be related to sit0 and ipv4-ipv6 as switching that on/off/on seems to work more than anything else. The only WEP prob I have had is it dropping the wep key which has happened twice.

While were on this subject do you know of a good range pci wlan card that likes both netgear routers and mandriva 06 ?

PS not trying to thread hi-jack just saw your one right before I went to post and figured that they covered similiair ground. Hope you dont mind.

Regards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I dont mind at all, but my problem seems to be related to WPA_Supplicant. When checking the various error logs there are errors saying "association with xxxx failed" where xxx is my SSID. And mandriva 06 will work fine with most network cards and will work with the windows drivers via ndiswrapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Hi,

I would probably check here

http://www.mandrivausers.org/

re the WPA problem (if you havent already).

Advertisement