Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking in Dublin 15

Options
  • 23-03-2006 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

My self and 3 friends of mine are all going on internships in Dublin for the next 6 months in Dublin. Two of us will be working in IBM in Mullhuddard so ideally we are looking for a house in that area, Tyrrelstown or Blanchardstown. Does anyone know of any good web sites other than daft and myhometolet to search. I'm just looking for some tips and what to be aware of when letting that sort of thing. Also as we are only going to be in Dublin for 6 months whats the deal with every house on the market being a 12 month contract.

Any contribution would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The deal with houses being on 12 month leases- is it costs the landlords to find tenants and possibly have the house empty for periods between tenancies (even if only for short periods). It is normally possible to rent a property for a shorter period of time by negotiation with the landlord- but be prepared to pay a premium for a shorter letting period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Have a look in Ongar as well, its nearby
    If you want to rent for less than 12 months why not consider renting rooms in a house, this usually requires just a few weeks notice before you want to move out

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

spoofilyj wrote:
    whats the deal with every house on the market being a 12 month contract.
    Lettings can be quite seasonal with student areas quiet in the summer and touristy areas busy in the summer. The two rarely overlap.

Landlords just what rent coming in every month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement