Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games keep minimizing within 10 minutes

• 23-03-2006 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

First of all, thanks for reading this thread. As the title says, all my games keep minimizing and return back to my desktop as i am playing the game. I can return back to the game, but it will only minimize again in a short time. I have windows XP and I am sure that it is not my anti - virus. I am not connected to the internet and i don't have any virus or spyware.

Any suggestions to what the problem is?

P.s. This happens while i play all my games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

First off

Switch off your anti virus to be 100% its not the antivirus (when sure switch back on)

Also run msconfg and untick any services you arent using.

Get the latest directx and make sure you exit any of the programs in the lower right screen you dont need.

It sounds to me like something is trying to update \ run and that is whats causing your games to minimise. Do any other programs minimise? word, excel solitare etc

Also get the latest drivers and make sure your OS is fully uptodate, including all optional updates

Sorry just reread your post
    "I am not connected to the internet " can you connect if you want too?

I would also check your antivirus make sure that is up to date.

Try playing the games while you ARE connected to the internet, notice any differance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'm at college at the moment, but i am going over to my mates house tonight, and i will connect up onto internet via broadband and update my anti - virus.

That is a good point about the game minimizing when i am connected to the internet, i will check that out and reply later.

Thanks for your help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah i sorted the problem. I looked at the processes that were running as you said and my mate noticed a few virus's called win60.temp. They couldn't be detected in normal mode when i ran norton, so i had to boot windows up in safe mode and run norton then.

Now it is no longer minimizing, Thanks for your help.:)

No worries, Glad you fixed it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement