Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing!

Options
  • 23-03-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in the library and shivering like a leaf?? I was forced to pull myself away from the finer points of Land law in order to get a tea!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

It is cold in here! I always remember the library as being so hot and stuffy yet here I am freezing my nips off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Heh, I'm so glad I didn't bother coming in this morn!:D

Lemme know when it gets warmer, I'm planning on gettin some study in at some point today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i feel your pain pimpy c!
    that warm feeling tea gives u inside has left me so i've adopted a new tactic.....putting on a hoody and putting the hood up. fashionable, chic and practical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

better cold than hot, i cant stand studying in a sweltering room/.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'm quite comfortable but I'm just after a fair walk in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Its fine over in humanities! And it used to be warm and stuffy over in law and I used to get drowsy. I seem to remember a lot of sleep in the library over the years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I'm in the Earlsfort Terrace library today and it's freezing here too. But on the bright side, it is so quiet here, unlike the agitated business of the main library. And because only Med and Eng students are here, there is no possiblitiy of distraction by hotties!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I was in the library with my coat on and I didn't almost-faint, so it's cooler than normal today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Samos wrote:
    I'm in the Earlsfort Terrace library today and it's freezing here too. But on the bright side, it is so quiet here, unlike the agitated business of the main library. And because only Med and Eng students are here, there is no possiblitiy of distraction by hotties!

I studied on the bottom floor in the terrace yesterday and it was fr-fr-fr freezing.Its never too bad in the eng rooms though,always more bodies so a bit more warmth in there.

Im out in blackrock today.Sitting on a big comfy couch and there is a big coal fire on beside me,write beside the free ballygowan water and free wall street journals that I may browse over at lunchtime.Im sweltering its so hot in here-Im telling you guys,blackrock is the place to go these days!

Samos wrote:
    just read the other part of your comment there!!!How did I miss that?:)
    Big Jim the first will back me up in saying there is soooooooo many hotties in med-girls and guys alike!

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote:
    Im telling you guys,blackrock is the place to go these days!

Oh la-di-da! Blackrock is just too posh for me. I love the way it looks like a 'true' college campus though, like the ones you see in American movies with ornate red-brick buildings adorned with ivy, sitting cosily between elegant pine tress.

Samos wrote:
    Oh la-di-da! Blackrock is just too posh for me. I love the way it looks like a 'true' college campus though, like the ones you see in American movies with ornate red-brick buildings adorned with ivy, sitting cosily between elegant pine tress.

And theres also a lot of jocks and cheerleader types walking around-actually my scruffy non pink pennys clothes stick out like a sore thumb

panda100 wrote:
    Big Jim the first will back me up in saying there is soooooooo many hotties in med-girls and guys alike!

There was also a bit of self-depracation in there too! I guess you're right: med girls are beautiful and smart! (don't know about the guys though, but Big Jim the Fist sounds scary, so I won't disagree!)

big jim the FIRST not fist-yes i suppose that he did sound quite scary:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i'm boiling in my corner of level 2, i had to take my jumper off and all.

panda100 wrote:
    big jim the FIRST not fist-yes i suppose that he did sound quite scary:)

He's really going to pulverize me now for that mistake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Font22 wrote:
    Anyone else in the library and shivering like a leaf?? I was forced to pull myself away from the finer points of Land law in order to get a tea!:rolleyes:

I moved from law to laptop section, not to avoid cold but to avoid (some) of the noise from the building works. They piss me off no end...

I never find it cold in library but that's probably cos I'd sweat peeling an orange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

I was contemplating that myself easygainer. the noise seemed to annoy me at first but i eventually managed to drown it out!
    I think the mistake I made was sitting near the window. Wont be doing that again. That glass seems so thin, its as if u are outside!

Advertisement