Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books you enjoyed.

Options
  • 23-03-2006 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Well since this forum is a little bit dead I thought I'd open a discussion about books. But in particular books people found either inspirational or comforting, be they about disabilities or not.

I suppose I'll get the ball rolling with two I've found interesting to start with.
    • Changed by a child
      This is an interesting little book. Its not a story or book on dealing with disabilities but rather a collection of thoughts on the matter.
      Similar to Anam Cara if you've read that.

Here's a link into the .com version --> look inside
    • Uncommon Fathers
      This book is a series of short essays by the fathers of disabled children. Interesting if you're coming from this perspective on the matter (which I am).

From the .com -> Look inside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

I thought the idea Behind the book The Alchemist (Paulo Coehlo) is pretty inspiratory for both people with and without disabilities. food for thought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

I'd highly recommend Michael J. Fox's autobiography. Very direct and not a heavy tome, weight-wise or humour-wise.

Advertisement