Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter available

Options
  • 23-03-2006 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, my name is Gillian and I am 32 years old. I am available to babysit week nights and occasional weekends. I live in Donabate and have my own transport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Only an irresponsible lunatic would let a stranger from a forum babysit their kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The OP I will not put up with you trolling this forum.
    This is your only warning.
    Thaedydal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Thaedydal wrote:
    Thaedydal
    You don't think my point was relevant? Please explain, and stop presuming I'm trolling. I raised a valid point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, how is it different from replying to an ad in the local shop? Any sensible parent will obviously find out more about this person before they hire her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The OP wrote:
    You don't think my point was relevant? Please explain, and stop presuming I'm trolling. I raised a valid point.

Apart from word of mouth and ads in papaers how do you find babysitters?
    Would you see them 1st then see if your kids take to them? So regardless of where you seen the ad it would still come down to your judgement.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thaedydal wrote:
    Thaedydal

yeah dude/dudette, I think he was making a valid point..chill out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Not to put my head on a chopping block or anything but in fairness ...
    An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

From http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp (first definition on google)

Nothing outragous here, none the less if there is a rule about advertising ones service, dont have time to check charter, would be a different matter.

I see no difference to placing an ad in a shop window, however would i employee someone with 1 post on boards to mind my kids, doubt it. would prefer they where refered or suggested by someone I knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

The OP i think ur point is very invalid.

I have been hired twice from another website to look after kids.

First job lasted 6 months and the baby was 20 months

Second job is still ongoing

So people do hire from forums

Advertisement