Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

direct debit O2 - 50 yoyo's

• 23-03-2006 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi,

got a call from O2 yesterday offering to pay 50euros off my bill if I sign up for direct debit.

It sounded all a bit good and when I asked about what disadvantages it might had the girl wandering off for a while saying "it would be different for everybody and if it suits you then it would be good".

So, just wondering if anyone knew of any disadvantages to direct debit with O2 and also, can you direct debit from a credit card?

Many thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

There is no major disadvantage to DD, bar I suppose, the lack of control of money coming out of your account. From their point of view, it means getting their money on time, and not leaving it to your whim, which is fair enough. It also cuts down on people getting disconnected for not paying bills on time.

I'd go for it, but to be safe, check your bills with your bank statements as mistakes can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they just prefer direct debit. loads of companies give discounts for paying by dd. meteor quite often refuse to connect people to contracts if they don't pay by dd

the only disadvantage is that its all done automatically and you have no control over it. i think its a benefit personally because i'd just forget to pay it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i have diect debit set up with o2, it is easier but its bad if you want to control money as i have so many direct debits and its a bitch controlling them.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

sounds like a good offer...wish I didnt already have a DD set up with them.

It really depends on how predictable your bills are. If you can manage them ok, then it really is not an issue, but if you find it difficult to control how much you spend on your mobile, then it might not be such a good idea.

Advertisement