Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Builders Naas refusing to finish

Options
  • 23-03-2006 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

:mad: Last year we bought a house from Lawson Construction in Naas and whilst we have obviously paid everything we still have issues on plumbing, heating, oil and other bits that they just refuse to finish.

We are not unique as most of the small development in Calverstown had issues still to be resolved

A solicitors letter seems to be no use as apparently we can't sue them - can we not force them to complete? some kind of injunction to complete?

What can we do to get them to complete - it seems amazing that they can get away with this without any structures to enforce completion.

The Homebond is only for physical walls and roofs/foundations so really doesn't help at all.

Has anyone had a similar experience - did anything else work?

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Your snag list before you moved in, tell us the story !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved from Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What percentage of the contract price have you paid?

Have you moved in?

Do you fear the developer is never going to be in the position of completing the contract?

I suspect it may be difficult to get a mandatory injunction - judges don't like having to supervise performance of a contract. Assumming you now live there, the easiest way out may be to tell the builder to sort it out or you will be gettign someone else to do it at his cost (talk to your solicitor on this).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

When I worked on sites and did peoples snags lists I was talking to the builder one day about snags lists.He said people are 50% right before paying and after paying 100% not right....

Didnt think much of him after he said that as I was buying from him myself,which was my first home.But working and living on that site I did get things done even after I moved in.Once they get your money in their head thats that. But I have seen people hassle builders day in and day out and eventually they did get results....

Advertisement