Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom game Third week

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Derry 3 Sligo 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I cant wait to see the report from kdjac :D my bet that he will be on the píss after this result, i blame mrjoesoap for predicting a shels win before it happened. Well done st pats ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sarge wrote:
    Well done st pats ;)

:confused:

Result:

Pats 2 Shels 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Zebra3 wrote:
    :confused:

Result:

Pats 2 Shels 2

Thats a good result against a full strenght(nearly) shels squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

strangly during the televised rte cork match they put up the shels score as 3-0 rutherford og, whats that about?

ELP
    RESULTS
    FRIDAY MARCH 24
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION

Bray Wanderers OFF Longford Town
    Derry City 3-1 Sligo Rovers
    Burns og 45 McNamara 73
    Beckett 52
    Farren 69 pen
    Dublin City 0-1 Drogheda United
    Fitzpatrick 73
    St Pat's Ath 2-2 Shelbourne
    Rutherford 3 Byrne 56
    Molloy 17 Heary s/o 57
    Keegan s/o 57 Hawkins 83
    Waterford Utd 0-1 UCD
    Deans s/o 85 Shortall 45
    Cork City 1-0 Bohemians
    O'Flynn 65

EL1
    RESULTS
    FRIDAY MARCH 24
    EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION

Limerick FC 1-0 Monaghan United
    Barrett 20 Sargent s/o 90

Shamrock Rvrs 0-0 Galway United

Tables:
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION MAR 24
    P W D L F A Pts
    Cork City 3 2 1 0 2 0 7
    Drogheda U 3 2 1 0 2 0 7
    Derry City 3 2 0 1 5 2 6
    St Pat's A 3 1 2 0 3 2 5
    Shelbourne 3 0 3 0 4 4 3
    Sligo Rvrs 2 1 0 1 2 3 3
    Dublin City 3 1 0 2 1 2 3
    UCD 3 1 0 2 1 3 3
    Bray Wndrs 2 0 2 0 3 3 2
    Waterford U 3 0 2 1 1 2 2
    Longford Tn 1 0 1 0 0 0 1
    Bohemians 3 0 0 3 0 3 0

EIRCOM LEAGUE FIRST DIVISION MAR 24
    P W D L F A Pts
    Shamrock R 3 2 1 0 4 1 7
    Galway Utd 3 1 2 0 2 0 5
    Cobh Rmbls 2 1 1 0 2 1 4
    Finn Harps 1 1 0 0 5 2 3
    Limerick FC 2 1 0 1 1 2 3
    Kildare Co 2 1 0 1 3 5 3
    Kilkenny C 2 0 2 0 2 2 2
    Monaghan U 3 0 2 1 1 2 2
    Athlone Tn 1 0 0 1 0 2 0
    Dundalk 3 0 0 3 1 4 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sarge wrote:
    I cant wait to see the report from kdjac :D my bet that he will be on the píss after this result, i blame mrjoesoap for predicting a shels win before it happened. Well done st pats ;)

Arrogant and cocky as ever, thats me! As good as a win given the way we started the game! I didn't get to go so am just relying on scraps at the moment, haven't even seen the goals yet.

Three games, three draws. There are two ways this season could go.

Also, BluSonic, if you put [/code] tags around those things copied from Aertel they look much better because they retain their shape

bad to worse? lol. drogs for the league.

so are we all familiar with the tune "bye bye baby"?

how about "bye bye bohs, bohs bye bye"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Besides the fact that there probably wont be relegation this year we were all over Cork till they had their only shot on goal, on that performance we wont be in a relegation battle. How can you say "bye bye" We would be coming down to your division.

it would be nice we could be like ships passing in the night, well ours resurfacing yours sinking i hope

(look because this is boards i'm only joking, so lets keep it friendly k?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

blu_sonic wrote:
    bad to worse? lol. drogs for the league.

Was talking to Fabio tonight, really nice guy. Certainly would be hoping for them if Shels weren't to do it, both in the league and cups.

there is something "nice" about the drogs, if i weren't a rovers fan i'd like the drogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

well three rounds of matches and only one bloody game so far for us! (longford)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Best game i have seen in Richmond for a long time, we were very impressive dominating all over the pitch, noone had a bad game (except Larsson and Quigley getting tired and costing us a goal). Right from the start we went at Shels and got our just rewards being 2-0 up after 17 minutes, Shels were awful for the best players with the highest wages they were awful only the sublime Ndo looked good enough to be on the pitch.

Shels could only foul and foul well, O Connor cut in half when racing tru for what would have been a one on one and number 3, Shels 1st shot on target was in the 60th minute (it went in) The sending off changed the game, we would have won 4-0 we were that on top but for just pure cynical tackling by Shels players on anyone who was better then them. O Connor Pats best player stretchered off after 3 times being cut in half.

Sending offs ruined what was up till then a good thrashing :D But both players had to go Heary maybe should have went 1st half, Crawley should have 2 red cards :confused:

Im well happy with the way Pats played and actually felt sorry for Shels fans who had to cheer on that kind of cynical crap and then have to celebrate a point.

Pats 1st goal came from O Connor playing in Keegan who squared it to Rutherford to tap in, second O Connor whipped in a super cross for Molloy to score, again Molloy was outstanding and the way he celebrated his goal showed that hes arsed this season. Shels 1st goal was from a corner we should have picked up on, sadly Jason Byrne wont be on Soccer Am with his Taxi effort in the 1st half. I can see why Shels fans love him so much, Crowe worked his arse off but was getting nowhere even with the quality crosses Ryan was whipping. Barry Ryan didnt have any saves in the 1st half only catch the ball from many an overhit Shels cross.

2nd half after the sendings off when Shels started to hold onto the ball and not pass it into the stands and late on Ryan made his only save from what was a winner for Shels.
    Shels 2nd was a super header from hawkins from nearly 18 yards out into the top corner he sorta played ok but only after Keegan went off. Ndo was Shels Motm by a mile, Pats?? Maguire? O Connor? Molloy? Mulcahy? Foley? Brennan? Rutherford? so many too choose from.

The hoodoo gonna end this season :D Another 15 points and we safe.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i'm the stadium announcer at the cross, and i read out that pats were two nil up at half time in our game. i got a flood of people coming up to me shouting "You're wrong! you're wrong! shels are two up!!"... Apparently errortel said shels were winning 2-0...

good game at the cross last night, although i felt we stole the three points, i think a draw would have been fair. not that i'm complaining mind.. our goal was something else too, three passes from the edge of our box up to theirs and into the net.. beautiful, absolutely beautiful.. check it out on monday night on eL weekly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

blu_sonic wrote:
    how about "bye bye bohs, bohs bye bye"

There's a long way to go. We've lost 3 but 2 of them were against IMHO the best teams in the league. I think we played well enough yesterday to show we have the makings of a decent side and I don't expect us to be anywhere near bottom slots when it matters.

• Advertisement

ah no i was only getting it up for your lot, bohs (as much as it pains me to say) were robbed they well deserved a point, they couldn't finish their dinner though, but thats against arguably the best ELP goalkeeper.

the ticker on the screen during the cork game showed 3-0 shels rutherford and molloy were credited with o/g's but aertel was correct, rte are a buch of bumbling morons

Advertisement