Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Skimming in Spiddal

Options
  • 23-03-2006 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

The title says it all. I have just heard this and am want to know if anyone can confirm this? I have used it recently and have a horrible feeling I may be much poorer that I should be:(
    Do banks refund the stolen money, am always careful covering my pin with some devices that doesn't matter so I've been told.
    So people share what you know....

Comments

I hate these. A friend of mine recently got 300€ taken from his account. Ever since I heard this, I always cover the numpad with my wallet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No but ring AIB Salthill and ask them, its 'their' machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Galvia

Learned to cover up my key pad a while back when someone accessed my phone card by viewing me punch in numbers with field glasses from a vehicle in the parking lot behind me. Charged up over 2,000 euros in one month before the card company inquired about my recent and unusual phoning habits to Peru, Panama, and Columbia. They refunded 100%. Found out later that they caught the bloke and how he was doing it.

If the card in question is a debit card, recommend that you do not use it except for your ATM. Never use it for restaurants, retail stores, petrol, etc., especially if they take it from you to perform the transaction. For example, there are scams going on all over the world where waiters and waitresses are paid 50 euros each to provide such information to e-thieves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement