Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park gets revenge on Chef

• 23-03-2006 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

dunno if this is the correct place to post this but what the hell

may contain spoilers!
    South Park has exacted revenge on its former star Isaac Hayes by turning his character Chef into a paedophile and seemingly killing him off.

The opening episode of the 10th series, screened in the US on Wednesday, appeared to be a satire on Scientology.

Hayes, a Scientologist, quit the animated comedy after a different episode ridiculed the religion.

In the new show, Chef is brainwashed by the "Super Adventure Club" - thought to be a veiled reference to Scientology.

The other characters are angry at "that fruity little club for scrambling his brains".

Patched together

Hayes did not participate in the episode but his lines were apparently patched together from previous recordings.

Chef arrives after travelling the world with the Super Adventure Club and repeatedly tells the children he wants to "make sweet love" to them.

The children take him to a psychiatrist and then a strip club, where he remembers his love for women and is cured.

But he is brainwashed by the Super Adventure Club again - before falling off a bridge and being burned, stabbed and mauled by a lion and a grizzly bear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Damnit! Spoilers ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

dunno if this is the correct place to post this but what the hell

It isn't. See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=512

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Modify the title.

Just watched it. Very funny episode. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I saw the episodes only an hour ago. Reinstates my belief that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are geniuses of the 21st century. Absolutely brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Brilliant stuff... sounded like a Chef soundboard instead of Issac Hayes doing the voice, and the
    Star Wars
    bit at the end... terrifying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Even though i know what is going to happen i can't wait to see this episode........plus the rest of season 10:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am not a fan of 'South Park' but that's some awful spoilers there! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Out of curiosity, what are the rules on linking to youtube on boards? (I just watched the said clip)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

downloaded - watched - yawned

sp is sooooo 1990's, else they just dont make cartoons for 28 year olds anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

whats the name of the episode im trying to find it but cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lol

great episode
    what was witht he Darth Vader thing at the end

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what was witht he Darth Vader thing at the end
    I guess its so they can keep him around, in a way, without Mr. Hayes. Twisted stuff though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah it is a funny episode. i am not mad into southpark but some times i like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

One of the best episodes of South Park I've seen in some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Rhyme wrote:
    sounded like a Chef soundboard instead of Issac Hayes doing the voice

It was.

Okay episode, not as funny as the 9th series episodes.

Now to go listen to "Such on my chocolate salty balls" and remember Chef.

The funniest part was the revealing the secrets of the Super Adventure Club bit. You really need to have seen the Scientology episode they did to appreciate it though.

Stark wrote:
    It was.

The funniest part was the revealing the secrets of the Super Adventure Club bit. You really need to have seen the Scientology episode they did to appreciate it though.
    Ah makes sense, the caption 'this is what the super adventure club actually believe' had the group of us in stitches, the ones who had seen the Scientology episode even more so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Just finished watching it. So good. The Scientology episode was funnier but this was still pretty good after the first 10 mins. I think you could call this episode "The Scientology Episode v2.0"!

When I heard that they were going to be using old sound bites of Isaac Hayes I thought Chef would either turn out to be possessed, controlled by an alien parasite or a robot. I was wrong.

I also thought the
    Darth Chef
    bit was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very funny story indeed!
    What was the deal with reassembling him as Darth Vader? Is chef like to be kept around for a liitle longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    Very funny story indeed!
    What was the deal with reassembling him as Darth Vader? Is chef like to be kept around for a liitle longer?

I think it was just an opportunity to rip the piss out of
    star wars
    I couldnt see them using him in any further episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Splicing the sound clips together was a stroke of genius. I got the feeling that they even made it sound worse more like sound bites, just to emphasise the point.
    Plus when Chef returned, having him just give yes and no naswers to all the questions made it really obvious.
    This was indeed a class episode. I must watch the Scientology episode and this one back to back some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Keyser Soze 5... that's the full episode. From the charter:
    NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOAD LINKS!

People do download episodes so they see them first. Mention any of these sites is illegal and the poster will be banned. Asking for PM's or suggesting people PM you for these links is also bannable. Boards is not a file trading website. If you need to see an episode, maybe a cousin or something in America will send over a tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

RIP chef :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Hilarious episode.
    "Is it any more retarded than believing god sent his only son to save mankind? Is it any more retarded than believing Buddah sat under a tree for twenty years?" "Yeah. It's way more retarded"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

It's even funnier if you've seen the Scientology one which won't be shown here :( (well it's just one part of both episodes that are similar). Anyway great episode!

basquille wrote:
    Keyser Soze 5... that's the full episode. From the charter:
    Not technically downloading, its streaming :)

Well technically.. it's (probably) downloaded to your cache!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

so chef isn't coming back at all? sorry, I;m not very up to date on my south park..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

You really need to see the episode to answer that question.

Advertisement