Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Galway (re; accommodation)

Options
  • 23-03-2006 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here goes to NUI Galway, and if so could you give me advice on where would be the best area to find accommodation as a student of the college.

Also, does anyone have experience with Houses / Appartments / Digs, which is the best and why?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Mawg wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone here goes to NUI Galway, and if so could you give me advice on where would be the best area to find accommodation as a student of the college.

Also, does anyone have experience with Houses / Appartments / Digs, which is the best and why?

:confused:

The Galway Advertiser is the best place to get accomadation advertisements. Its updated every Wednesday I think online and the paper itself is out on the Thursday.

Google for Galway Advertiser.

The best place to look for accomadtion would be Newcastle area I suppose.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Avoid digs at all cost. I was in them and all that i can say is that it has its ups and downs,
    Ups: food cooked for you
    not having bills to worry about

Downs: too quiet.

I was with a lovely family, but you also could end up with a paranoid biddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Corrib Village will accomodate your every need, very spacious, warm and inviting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Woodquay area can be cheap enough and near to the collage aswell,

Digs suck if you are a first year, no fun!

Corrib is grand i've heard a few good reports from there, there is also accomadation beside sleepzone for students. mate of mine is in there and she says it's grand and a fairly good buzz about the place too.

Stay clear of Tirellan Heights though it may say city center area or handy for students in some ads but Jesus H, it's about half hour walk to city center and not nice in the rain. although it's generally cheaper, i was payin 50 out there for a double room in a 4 bedroom, now 77 in a double in a 3 bedroom in CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

Hazel Park,Laurel Park in Newcastle area if you want to be near nuig. Corrib Village if you want to be with students. Woodquay is a great area too as you are so near town but it can be hard enough to get a place there. Terryland is another nice place to live and you are very close to nuig.

The Galway Advertiser is the best place to look but also look www.daft.ie.

Should get a place with a single room for 70 euros a week (at the most) and 50-60 if you want to share a room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

Can help to get a few people together and then go looking for a house, should be easy enough find one in the newcastle area around early-mid august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭madhitchhiker

u might want to try all the comfort of home here....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

cough *blatant spamming* cough

Advertisement