Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portal please

• 23-03-2006 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Goddam my sides were hurting last night.
    A mage in our guild was asked to create a portal by some nub. So he said yeah alright, but first help us summon a mate. Queue portal to Darnassus which nub dwarf clicked when he just wanted to get to IF. The abuse he spouted was hilarious.

Now if I can just do them same next time someone wan't to be summoned with the help of their mates already in the location with my lock only get a mage in party to send them all away it will complete the circle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haha, classic. If people asked me nicely I obliged with portals, maybe asked them the price of the rune but that's it. If they were rude I'd tell them to eff off, I told a guy once that I specced water instead of portals sorry, he just said "ok".

More fun in it for Warlocks, they get people demanding summons, and can be mean by summoning mean lowbies into contested (high lvl) areas. Muhahah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What I hate is when people come over and put lock boxes in the trade window and just standing beside you without even asking. I usually tell them to f off, that I'm not a fcukin bot. Happened twice the other night, then a third time. I was about to explode at the third person when she put 10 healing pots in the trade window as well heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

lol jim, that happened to me so many times when I rogue, then I rerolled Hunter and that solved that problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

i just dont lvl my lockpickin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'll do it, and it'll cost you a gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Dr_MaSoN wrote:
    i just dont lvl my lockpickin :D

Either did Jim... it cost woden his warden staff more than once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

*grin*

I was in a Scholo 5 man PuG about a month and a half ago - they wiped but I'd seen it coming and had a head start legging it back to the entrance and survived. Went back in afterwards as they were asking to be res'd and I told them that I hadn't bought the res spell as I didn't think that it'd be useful...

I res'ed the rest of the party first and the leader last - he seriously thought that I wasn't joking and had gotten pretty worked up about the newb priest who hadn't bothered to buy resurrect *grin*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I know a few lads in my guild who didn't buy their healing spells...

I know an ex priest who never bought higher than rank 1 resurrection because he's a dirty jewish priest :/ (even though every rank costs the same mana)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

What I hate is when people come over and put lock boxes in the trade window and just standing beside you without even asking. I usually tell them to f off, that I'm not a fcukin bot. Happened twice the other night, then a third time. I was about to explode at the third person when she put 10 healing pots in the trade window as well heh.
    yeah I get that aswell. Someone did it the other day and I paused at first "should I close the trade window or just unlock it" so I unlocked it anyway and he opens another trade window with another lockbox... i'm thinking wtf so I just click "unlock" and then he trades me 5 fadeleaf so I didnt feel so bad about it :)
    Another time someone did it when I was in the AH and it closed the AH window. That was damn annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

You often get absolutly ignorant retards who will come up to you in when you're fighting a mob and ask you to conjur water. One of my mates on the server was busy with two mobs at once and some fella comes up to him and says "Mage, conjur me some water". '/ignore' and spam ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I'm a lvl 20 mage now, and I have the portal to SW.
    But it teleports me to the mage training tower place, is there any way to change it to teleport me to the inn instead?

Excuse my ignorance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

No your portal will only take you to the one place in each city. You can set your heartstone to the inn, but only to one specific inn of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Yeah I know that about the heartstone - but it's 1 hour usage limitation is a tad annoying.
    The portals are an excellent way to get around without having to walk or use the heartstone. I was hoping I could set the portal to an inn or something :(

Ah well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

One time my mate requested a duel with a random guy in the barrens, they didnt accept and hence thinking they were afk he motored on to start grinding mobs. The eejit then pulls two mobs and, after narrowly surviving death gets one-shotted in the back by the very guy would he had asked to duel 2mins ago. Priceless :D (they were both horde btw)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I had some one /w me from Darnassus asking to be summoned to Westfall (I'm a Warlock btw). It's two in the morning. There's about 10 people in westfall. Somehow I manage to find one noob who was just wandering by Sentinel Hill, and another guy who was on his way to log.

So I start the portal, only to have her say "Oh hang on, I'm buying stuff". Bam, summoning failed. Out of Soul Shards. So I tell her I'm going to head off, but she pleads "Just head over to duskwood and kill some monsters". Like a fool, I say OK (I'm suggestible when I'm tired :D), but told the guys I'd be ten minutes and to head off if they want. So one of them did. 3 minutes later, I'm back in westfall with a soul shard, and there are even less people in Westfall. I spend at least ten minutes /w people and looking around to find the third summoner, and nothing. Then she goes "Oh well, I've gtg", and logs off.

So I've vowed that no-one is ever getting summoned anymore unless they're in my guild...

seamus wrote:
    I had some one /w me from Darnassus asking to be summoned to Westfall (I'm a Warlock btw). It's two in the morning. There's about 10 people in westfall. Somehow I manage to find one noob who was just wandering by Sentinel Hill, and another guy who was on his way to log.

So I start the portal, only to have her say "Oh hang on, I'm buying stuff". Bam, summoning failed. Out of Soul Shards. So I tell her I'm going to head off, but she pleads "Just head over to duskwood and kill some monsters". Like a fool, I say OK (I'm suggestible when I'm tired :D), but told the guys I'd be ten minutes and to head off if they want. So one of them did. 3 minutes later, I'm back in westfall with a soul shard, and there are even less people in Westfall. I spend at least ten minutes /w people and looking around to find the third summoner, and nothing. Then she goes "Oh well, I've gtg", and logs off.

So I've vowed that no-one is ever getting summoned anymore unless they're in my guild...
    BWahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

In a situation like that, I feel the only course of action I could follow, is to hunt and kill that person. Possibly raping and torturing as well, depending on how merciful I'm feeling at the time. I mean seriously, what a miserable cúnt :(

Makes for a great story though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

seamus wrote:

I've a lock too and find this really annoying. So I respond by telling them to find two other people in the area willing to help and if they do then I'll summon them when 1g arrives by mail in my nearest postbox. Most just hassle someone else, but I've probably gotten 7 or 8g at this stage, not much you can farm that very quickly but it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

My immediate reply to summon requests is:

/r Sure. 1 summon = 5g

No one has taken me up on it yet :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement