Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly a stupid question, but....

• 23-03-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭

I read somewhere recently that GPS is going to be introduced on a firmware release for the PSP.

Am I right in saying that connecting a USB GPS receiver, and downloading the software to my memory stick will give me an in-car GPS solution?

If this is the case, does anyone know if you can get an in-car charger for the PSP?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Yeah, though it'll be UMD instead of mem stick.

Haven't seen an in-car charger yet though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I don't think it's confirmed whether the PSP will support an off-the-shelf USB GPS receiver or not. Going by their track-record with regards to EyeToy etc, you may have to buy a PSP-branded receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Oki doki,

So the point here is that I do not run out and buy an in car gps system, as I would be bringing my PSP with me anyway....

Cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

trx is selling an in car charger in the FS consoles section!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks sarahn11, so they are easily available, kool.

So,
    Anyone got any ideas of when we can expect this?
    Also, anyone know what maps they'll use?

• Advertisement
Advertisement