Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

W800i 1GB memory card

• 23-03-2006 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know best place to get one of these ? I seen them on sale in "real" shops in Dublin for about €100.

Seen them on expanys.ie (sp?) for about €70 so was wondering can you get them cheaper. Had a quick look on e-bay (i never used it before) and seen everything from €7 to €50 not including P&P.
    I just don't trust e-bay for some reason and decided against using this. Anyone got any better places I can go find these for cheaper then Dublin ?

TIA,

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

you can get them here for €85 its an irish based company. i ordered a 256 one a couple of weeks ago and it was delivered within a day or two
    http://www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk/memory/memory-stick-duo.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They're €80 now in the shops. At least they should be , thats the new rrp from Sony since last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

I've read stuff about ebay ones being fake, though I bought a 2gb off ebay and haven't had problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

£35 + p&p from amazon for 1gb
    £78 + p&p for 2gb

Both sony, highly unlikely to be fakes.
    I'd reckon 90% of the ones on ebay are fake; doesn't mean they don't work exactly the same (they do) but if they go bad, you've no comeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise so many would be fakes :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise so many would be fakes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

ciaran76 wrote:
    Hi all,

Anyone know best place to get one of these ? I seen them on sale in "real" shops in Dublin for about €100.

Seen them on expanys.ie (sp?) for about €70 so was wondering can you get them cheaper. Had a quick look on e-bay (i never used it before) and seen everything from €7 to €50 not including P&P.
    I just don't trust e-bay for some reason and decided against using this. Anyone got any better places I can go find these for cheaper then Dublin ?

TIA,

Ciaran

Use Ebay always use ebay for stuff like this. I have bought loads of stuff off it including a memory card for my phone (€20 incl. p+p) and never had any problems. Just check the seller feedback before you buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Seller feedback isn't a good indicator for fake cards, since most of the time the feedback is posted when the card arrives in one piece and works...most people don't even realise they're fake; I didn't till I saw a link/thread on here.
    It's one thing buying a cheaper fake card, but when you can get the official ones for maybe 5-10% dearer it's owrth it for the warranty and peace of mind.

That said, therei's nothing wrong with ebay, and feedback is usually a good indicator combined with some commone sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Breezzzzze

Make sure before you buy a large capacity SD card (1GB, 2GB, more?) that your device is able to use it. A lot of the newer SD cards work at a higher speed than older devices can read at. Eg: I bought a 2GB card for my Toshiba E310 pocket pc but cannot use it. I can use the card on my car stereo, though, but not on my camera. It can be a bit hit and miss, especially as the manufacturers of older devices don't bother to let you know. Check any online FAQs and boards before buying!

Advertisement