Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mtu setting on usrobotics router

• 23-03-2006 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

my broadband provider (IBB) is telling me to set the mtu on my router to 1440 - however when i go into the settings page, i only get the option to change mtu if i'm connected via pppoe or pptp - and i am connected over static ip - can anyone throw a bit if light on the subject for me - am i supposed to be connected via a different protocol or where does the static ip option get it's mtu setting from ?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I dont think you need to set anything. The router should be providing Path MTU Discovery. All ISP's in Ireland use PPPoE regardless of static or dynamic IP addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

so does that mean that i should be connected via pppoe instead of static ip - i have a selection to make to that effect on the router - but it asks me for a username and password which i dont have

ps have asked ibb but they havent replied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

elvis2002 wrote:
    I dont think you need to set anything. The router should be providing Path MTU Discovery. All ISP's in Ireland use PPPoE regardless of static or dynamic IP addresses.

This is not true.
    Business Broadband connections are bridged and dont use PPPoE and have NO user/pass.

However its IBB so its not applicable here :(

Advertisement