Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chipped Windscreen

Options
  • 23-03-2006 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

I'm booked my NCT there and only noticed a small chip in the windscreen. I'm guessing it will fail because of this...

I'm with hibernian and so they provide cover for this don't they?
    Has anyone one gone through their insurance for this type of thing and whats the procedure?
    Going to ring them tomorrow.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

how big is the chip, and where exactly is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

The Doktor wrote:
    how big is the chip, and where exactly is it?

Its a hair line crack really about the length of not even half a euro coin on the passenger side of the car...

If its not in your line of vision, then it shouldnt be a problem.
    You can always put it through the NCT, and if its a problem, get it repaired then. But u should get it repaired anyway, I had a crack about half an inch long, and one hot day it ended up being a foot and a half!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Whats the story with going through the insurance thoug? I suppos i best ring them to find out

If you are covered for windscreens you can just go into the likes of Autoglass, and give them your details, and they will look after it. Check ur policy to see if ur covered or ring them.
    As regards the NCT, I actually think if there`s a crack where the windscreen wipers wipe, it might fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

dont worry about the NCT, they may, like in my case, actually miss it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I have a tiny scratch, nearly exactly an inch in length and they failed me last saturday for it, getting new windscreen tomorrow, but as someone else said, dont fix it before nct as they might miss it, if they find it however its only a free re-check within the period of a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The Doktor wrote:
    I had a crack about half an inch long, and one hot day it ended up being a foot and a half!

:D
    Im bored.

kc66 wrote:
    :D
    Im bored.
    in my windscreen....;)

Advertisement