Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty 3

• 23-03-2006 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Is there going to be a call of duty 3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

There will be, as far as I remember IW said it would be based in the modern era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Yep, that's pretty much what I heard... Funny thing is, IW are aiming for an Autumn 2006 release! I bet you it will be before the patch comes out for CoD2... :mad:

BF 2142 is also scheduled for an Autumn release, but it'll probably be at least 2007 before it gets patched to a playable level. Just be thankfull that cod patches don't actually make the game worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Just as a matter of information, IW released a patch/update for the COD2 version on the XBOX360 over the last couple of nights. But still no word on the PC patch! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Taken from the Infinity Ward website:

"Santa Monica, CA – March 21, 2006 – Fans of the award-winning, blockbuster hit, Call of Duty 2, will be locked and loaded with today’s Title Update for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), the Title Update offers significant enhancements, including improved multiplayer performance, the ability to reserve friend slots in private game lobbies, post-game lobbies so friends can play longer, configurable host options and more. The Xbox 360 update will be automatically applied the next time users log into Xbox Live® with Call of Duty 2.

For fans of Call of Duty 2 for Windows® PC, Infinity Ward and Activision have also revealed new details surrounding the upcoming release of a highly-anticipated update, which will include the previously announced PunkBuster™ anti-cheat technology, as well as two new multiplayer maps: Rhine and the longtime community favorite Harbor, from the original Call of Duty. "

• Advertisement

Well, at least we know what the new maps will be called... I'd rather know the bloody release date though! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Funny that its the first time ive ever seen a patch on a colsole game. They uasually have to get console games right by release date cause they couldent patch them after. Makes me think we may see qualith drop n console games in the future.

Its not the first, Halo 2 I think was, they released some new maps for it but there were a few bug fixes in there too.

But as you said, with the popularity of console games online now, I also think there will be a quality drop in future games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

I loved CoD & CoDUO but after CoD 2 I'm not sure I'm gonna go out and buy CoD 3 :mad:

I bought what I thought was a new game with a new engine and I got CoD without the patches but with better graphic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

there will be 2 games,

CoD: Modern Combat
    CoD: US Normandy campaign

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/07/next-call-of-duty-leaked-modern-warfare-tackles-terrorists/

• Advertisement

Thanks (once again) for the info. CyberGhost! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

CyberGhost wrote:
    there will be 2 games,

CoD: Modern Combat
    CoD: US Normandy campaign

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/07/next-call-of-duty-leaked-modern-warfare-tackles-terrorists/

hmm modern warfare sound to much like a SWAT/BF mix for me at the min...

Thanks (once again) for the info. CyberGhost! :D

anytime mate :)

Yes, Dannie, sounds something like that. But I hope it's not all objective based, I like mindless slaughters from time to time ;)

btw the Normandy game looks like it's being made to counter Medal of Honor: Airborne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CaptainCharisma

Bring back Pavlov!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Dane

There will be a CoD 3 ....but for next generation console only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well of course, that would make a lot of sense given the millions of pc players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

here's a short trailer http://tinyurl.com/euecg. hand to hand fighting included !!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Bring back Pavlov!

Agreed!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

COD3 is coming out on the Wii!!!!

Should be fun:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The 1upShow has the first real footage of the game here:

mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/1upshow_0304_320x180.wmv

Starts about 17/18 minutes in.

EGM had a preview on it in their last issue. A bunch of promised improvements include:
    # In game system has been rebuilt
    # Characters move more realistically.
    # More textures and shaders in the environment
    # No more boarded up windows so now you can see the turn up landscape all around you.
    # Foliage remains flattened when you walk over [it]
    # Grenades leave real scorched earth.
    # Surfaces react to bullets like they should, grass is different from steel, steel is different from wood, and wood is different from water
    # More than 24 characters on screen at one time
    # Destructible cover
    # Global winds affect smoke grenades

* Now, when a tank moves through smoke grenades the smoke will curl around it
    * Bullets through smoke with stream out the other side moving the smoke
    * Trees and grass will move with the wind

(Taken from: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=141864)

Looks so-so to me in the above video. It's a different dev this time, Treyarch, not Infinity Ward.

Oh, and for those weighing the relative merits of the different versions, Wii's is likely to be quite different from the others, while the PS3 and 360 version will be the same game - except, perhaps surprisingly, the PS3 version should in fact look a bit better, specifically better lighting and "other touches". Though the devs still aren't sure if they'll use PS3's motion sensitivity or not.

• Advertisement

Thanks, yea doesn't really look impressive tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Does anyone else feel the WW2 theme is getting a little old at this stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

I heard a rumour that 360 games will be playable under the Windows Vista OS. Any truth to this, d'ye think? Makes good business sense for the developers, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Naikon wrote:
    Does anyone else feel the WW2 theme is getting a little old at this stage?

yeah roll on world war 3 :p

agree though i'd like to play a modern day call of duty about iraq or something but then again you might lack the intensity of battle that ww2 offered

Advertisement