Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are you planning to buy this year

Options
  • 23-03-2006 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering what people are planning to purchase/change to this year.

Come july I'll lose the use of my lovely 05 lexus GS300 and will be looking to change to something a little more affordable. Anyone else looking to change in 06

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'll be in a 97 Micra in 2 weeks, 17th birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would love to change to a 06 vw gti, BUT just need to wait to see how my case goes for dangerous driving.*its a long story* if i still have my licence then will change late this year or early next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I hope to buy a 96 or 97 civic within the next 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

159 1.9 JTDM 16V Arrives Monday hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Currently have an Mg Zs 120(For sale If anyone's interested).Upgrading to a 180 next month......Ooohhh that V6 growl :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

12 year old e class! :o

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'm plannng to buy...wheel bearings, suspension bushes, and whatever else needs replacing on the car in the next year :)

If the Citroen C6 was 20k cheaper and had a 2.2 litre diesel option I might have a different plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brian the C6 will be 20 grand cheaper - next year! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I bought an 06 Smart 4-2 in January. :) Never know, might upgrade near the end of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Seen as I found out I cannot insure a Renault Alpine GTA, I am caught between a Alfa Spider and a Mazda Mx5, so one of these.

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

I'm going to buy a 93-96 corolla or carina e it will be my first car so cant wait. I'd love a crx though but i wouldn't be able to insure it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

RobAMerc wrote:
    Seen as I found out I cannot insure a Renault Alpine GTA, I am caught between a Alfa Spider and a Mazda Mx5, so one of these.

Rob

**Cough**
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054907082
    **Cough**

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Hoping to get a Fabia vRS or Ibiza 1.9 TDI Cupra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I still plan on getting an 01-02 Volvo S60 same as last year,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

prospect wrote:

Nice try prospect :) , but I am looking for a manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I reckon ill race for one more year, and when thats done, ill be selling all 3 race cars, and the 3 road cars, and the truck and getting a Testarossa. I was supposed to do all that for last week for my 30th, but the lure of another year racing in a quicker class kinds put a halt to that. But I reckon end of this year... my childhood dreams are getting bored waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

VW Golf GTI, DSG, Black, Beige Leather !!

Build Week 14!!

Get-in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

An E39 (97-98) 520 or 525tds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

looking for a '00 Golf with about 50k on it, my price range €6k :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

The last four cars I have bought have been french. The current one is a 2003 Megane 1.6 auto (which cost just below €24,000). For the first two years of its life it broke down from time to time. Engine managment and ignition problems were the reasons. Last July I brought it back to the dealers and told them I was going on holidays for three weeks and that they could have this time to fix the car so that it would not breakdown again.
    I collected the car on my return at the end of July and it has not broken down since. Is this a record?
    When I get to change this car I will buy a foreign one (non European Union) as I am fed up being patriotic! Probably go for a Japanese one. Back in 1997 I was very tempted to buy a Suburu Impreza but was put off by the fuel consumption of the boxer engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Seat Leon Cupra R, can't wait
    cupra.jpg

my Diesel Leon is up for sale now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Well, if I am coming back to Ireland and staying for good, then I plan on bringing back an s2000 or 350Z from the UK with me, prob the s2k becuase of the crazy tax on the 3.5 litre engine back home.

All depends if the fiance wants to live in Ireland though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Mayshine wrote:
    I plan on bringing back an s2000 or 350Z from the UK with me

Hi Dave,

No Focus RS ....? ;) I was thinking about one myself but the cheaper/quicker option for me right now is the CupraR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

ando wrote:
    Hi Dave,

No Focus RS ....? ;) I was thinking about one myself but the cheaper/quicker option for me right now is the CupraR

Well, already have had two focuses (foci?), and feel that after running around in the lexus for the last 6 month, the focus just hmmm well does not have what I want anymore. Maybe I am growing up. haha. Anyway best to try some different cars while I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Mayshine wrote:
    Hi,

Just wondering what people are planning to purchase/change to this year.

Come july I'll lose the use of my lovely 05 lexus GS300 and will be looking to change to something a little more affordable. Anyone else looking to change in 06

Dave
    I ordered a Citroen C4 Design during the week. Black, alloys, cruise control. Can't wait. Should have it during the week:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Will be shortly getting a Corolla or Civic to the household ('01 or '02) and selling off the 1997 BMW 523i. Might have to wait until June or July though when the kids break up for holidays.

jackofalltrades, if you're interested, PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

320 ci 01 black......any one wanna take my 99 316i to give me better price than trade in?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Going to be a ~ 1994 Green Mazda MX5 1.8 V-Special, just have to pass the driving test first .....

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 signs

06/07 Volvo V50 2.0D or Mondeo Zetec estate 2.0 TDCi 115/135bhp, still trying to decide.

Volvo seems small inside, but good looks. Mondeo huge with lots of goodies, but might steer away from this due to new one coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Just got my new X5 and still waiting for my Porsche.:mad:

Advertisement