Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What are you planning to buy this year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

junkyard wrote:
    Just got my new X5 and still waiting for my Porsche.:mad:
    there's always a show-off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You could have them too if your willing to work 80 or so hours a week and take some of the risks I take.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:
    You could have them too if your willing to work 80 or so hours a week and take some of the risks I take.:)

Might I ask junkyard, what is it exactly that you do? That's only if you don't mind.

Hal1 wrote:
    looking for a '00 Golf with about 50k on it, my price range €6k :o

i assume you are looking for a petrol but even at that your budget is tight.
    Why would you be interested in a petrol golf?Would you not get better value elsewhere?
    Would you not consider a diesel passat, they are very economical and more practical than the golf if space is important to you.

At the minute I am looking for a blue mazda 6 2.0 tdi 2002, or I might settle for an audi A4 if the dealer who I bought my last car off gets one in, he is very small, but very genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No problem Squirrel, I served my time as a panel beater, then I went back to collage and became a mechanical engineer and I recently studied law, but just out of interest. I deal in cars for a living and run my own garage/engineering workshop. About eight years ago I invented a safety device for ships and spent four years perfecting it and sold out the rights for it which proved to be a nice little earner. At the moment I have two more ideas in the pipeline but testing and patenting cost a fortune. That said some ideas are hit and miss, more misses than hits to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We have our very own Trevor Bayliss/James Dyson - cool! :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

junkyard wrote:
    Just got my new X5 and still waiting for my Porsche.:mad:

junkyard dont worry you will ge the porsche soon if you keep up you ideas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

06 toyota landcruiser lwb commercial
    in black lovley machine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

junkyard wrote:
    I'm just jealous, but not of the hours you work.

I work with a guy who does 80hrs/week and if it wasn't for his wife sucking all of his money off him, he wouldn't be driving a 6yr old Primera, he'd have a Porsche by now too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

A Ford Focus or a VW Polo/Golf. Boring I know but its better then my fiat sciento

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

choices choices one of either:

01-02 Saab 9-5 hot aero (250bhp)
    00-01 Saab 9-3 hot aero convertible
    98-00 Range Rover
    99-01 5 528i/530i Sport

In the next 5-10 weeks when I get some time to go to England, but one of them is coming back with me.

Junkyard - Fair play to you, which Porsche are you waiting on?

Advertisement