Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript, Ajax courses?

Options
  • 23-03-2006 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in learning Javascript and Ajax as I'm constintly amazed at what these languages can add to a site (just been looking at a cool Ajax word processor and a fairly nice looking and feature rich email client).

I'm aware of the countless amounts of tutorials available online, but I think due to a lack of self-discipline I could do with having some formal classes to attend.

Anyone know of any part-time or evening courses available in dublin? Is there anywhere that does these sorts of things at all?

(current skill set is more or less limited to HTML, CSS and PHP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Goodshape wrote:
    I'm interested in learning Javascript and Ajax as I'm constintly amazed at what these languages can add to a site (just been looking at a cool Ajax word processor and a fairly nice looking and feature rich email client).

I'm aware of the countless amounts of tutorials available online, but I think due to a lack of self-discipline I could do with having some formal classes to attend.

Anyone know of any part-time or evening courses available in dublin? Is there anywhere that does these sorts of things at all?

(current skill set is more or less limited to HTML, CSS and PHP)
    Have you followed the w3c trail on javascript?
    If so, I have a primer I can post (if the rules allow such things) that attacks the whole AJAX thing from one of the many possible angles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Nope, as I said I'm aware of the online tutorials (it's how I learned everything I know about web development so far) but for a bit of a change, and to keep me from getting bored and throwing on WoW, I just wanted to see if there were any classes to attend instead.

I'll have a look through the w3c I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

Advertisement