Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Dept Phone Number ???

Options
  • 23-03-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Lads I know it was up here before, but does anyone have the phone number of the firearms Dept(or wherever they print off the licences) of the Gardai?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's not the Gardai Terrier, but the DoJ.
    From the DoJ website:

Firearms and Explosives Unit

Firearms and Explosives Unit
    Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform
    Old Faculty Building
    Shelbourne Road
    Ballsbridge
    Dublin 4

Telephone: + 353 1 602 8202
    Fax: + 353 1 602 8434
    Email: Firearms_INBOX@justice.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

On the ball as usual Sparks !

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

6660000(Garda H.Q.) ask for Firearms licencing section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

Well Sparks is not even on the playing pitch forget about the ball.

The DOJ ahve nothing to do with the printing of firearms certificates, all this is administered through firearms licensing section of Garda HQ, as per cantonna call 666000 ask for firearms licensing, they are really efficient, be polite and diplomatic and they will deal with your requests efficiently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well Sparks is not even on the playing pitch forget about the ball.

No need for the sarcasm everyone makes mistakes.

• Advertisement

cheers lads (including sparks)

Rew wrote:
    No need for the sarcasm everyone makes mistakes.

Why not, seems to me that Sparks is never short of sarcasm when he wants!

He such an authority on all things when it comes to shooting and of course is never wrong is he, certainly does not admit to it ever! In general terms hes always right and everyone else wrong!

Well it seems to me that he has about 3000 posts trying to help people and about 1600 taking flack for it. (plus another 1000 talking ****e about shooting politics that I dont read TBH). The funny thing is that where people don't see eye to eye with him is the politics yet he makes a mistake somewhere else and all of a sudden people are getting in there digs.

You lot can argue politics till you blue in the face, I wouldnt say a word to you, but I think this sniping over every little thing is petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Contact Phoenix Park - 01 6662445 and ask for Mary. Very nice lady. She'll help you all she can.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

LB6 wrote:
    Contact Phoenix Park - 01 6662445 and ask for Mary. Very nice lady. She'll help you all she can.

S

I will second that.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Terrier wrote:
    cheers lads (including sparks)

Have you got your .223 yet?

Why not, seems to me that Sparks is never short of sarcasm when he wants!

He such an authority on all things when it comes to shooting and of course is never wrong is he, certainly does not admit to it ever! In general terms hes always right and everyone else wrong!

Bob,
    In all fairness, Sparks has gone way out of his way, time and time again to provide some pretty detailed answers to questions asked on practically all aspects of shooting.

Politics aside, he is one of the most of the most helpful people on the board.
    Throwing a dig in, at the one of the only times that he got a shooting fact wrong, is just plain ignorant.

Bob,
    In all fairness, Sparks has gone way out of his way, time and time again to provide some pretty detailed answers to questions asked on practically all aspects of shooting.

Politics aside, he is one of the most of the most helpful people on the board.
    Throwing a dig in, at the one of the only times that he got a shooting fact wrong, is just plain ignorant.

Wow! with over 3,000 posts and he only ever got one shooting related fact wrong, well I take my hat off to this pillar of the shooting community, save for him I'm sure we'd all fall down. There I go again being plain ignorant! Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Are you guys so serious that one can not have a bit of fun any more! I'm surprised it did not generate 10 posts from Sparks in response to a harmless jibe.

Lads lighten up! Your a long time dead.

Are you guys so serious that one can not have a bit of fun any more! I'm surprised it did not generate 10 posts from Sparks in response to a harmless jibe.

Lads lighten up! Your a long time dead.

Do you not get the feeling that if we thought you were joking they wouldn't have said anything? Big diff between jokes and getting digs in...

Rew wrote:
    Do you not get the feeling that if we thought you were joking they wouldn't have said anything? Big diff between jokes and getting digs in...
    Never said I was joking, I said I was having a bit of fun, you guys pals, caus your very sensitive about what is said to do with Sparks, or are you one in the same!

Never even met the guy TBH, but as a mod here (and even when I wasn't) I get sick of read all this ****e. Like I said if you want to argue politics feel free but leave the digs out. Shooting has to be the bitchiest sport around, its like being back in school.

Oh and fair play for providing the right contact details BTW. :)

Lads it was only a phone number..

Sparks, been on boards a while now and your advice and help has always been welcome...
    Keelan wrote:
    Have you got your .223 yet?

No, and after todays conversation could be a while yet.. stay tuned to the .223 licence post for more details..

Advertisement