Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, banned from UL forum, take 2.

Options
  • 23-03-2006 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Let's go over this in a more mature manner.

1) Nukem has previously censored my opinions in the form, and I felt as if I was being bullied, even harassed by him, in a veiled manner, which I felt was proven correct upon the final ban. AFAIK, whenever I made more reasonable posts, such as the one I'm using now, he purposely tried to find and exagerrate things which may resemble attacks.

2) Regardless of past issues, it was still not a valid final straw. This sends out the message that board.ie heavily endorses censorship of opinion and abuse of power for no logical reason. The more you force rules on members with out allowing them to question, the more people like me you are going to get in the long run. Nukem even admits it was possibly mostly personal(was getting "sick" of me rather than providing any compelling reasons for the ban). This would look very bad to most other boards online.

3) People leaping on my in the "Observations on Irish people" is proof that people jump on things that go against what they believe in, regardless of how inflammatory the initial post is. Just take the first few replies and see what I mean. The maturity level of members and moderators comes into question as much as mine.

4) In the last topic which was locked, nobody provided a valid reason for the ban and it was assumed agreed upon. The fact that previous warnings was ignored, the fact that the ban affects real life social issues very negatively was ignored.

As thus, it is NOT resolved as it was an assumption and nobody provided any form of logic, sense. I can't change this, but there is no way the decision is in any way definsible through anything but moderator warning and banning. That's a sure indication that something's wrong.

I actually have to keep away from certain people because I can't bear to be near someone who supports such a decision. I have very strong principles and those were not respected in the least.

5) Nukem's job was not difficult. Arguments were occasional, the reason I was the source of them was because I am diametrically opposed in taste and idealogy to many of the members and was the only one in a small forum anything like me(Which also was not taken into account in the last topic), and he himself made a much bigger deal of them. There was an increase in arguments but it was not worse than most forums, even ones on this forum. Nukem provoked me by censoring my opinion and siding against me instead of taking a neutral stance.
    Only "intelligent" moderating(imaginative punishments, reasoning with members on an equal level) is difficult, not warning and banning.

Yes I'm aware I'm an insignificant member who can't do anything. Like I said, might does not make right.

If this is given a chance, I'll show some level of respect. Otherwise, you can't really blame me for how I feel in the least. As there was no valid reason given except for the inevitable "For god's sake will you leave it", I don't think it is fair, or anything resembling appropriate practice.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah give it up please, lifes too short to be complaining about your bannings. Take it on the chin and come back another day. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bad bad bad bad bad.

You don't just repost yer same feelings after the last thread was just locked.

Damn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Stop. Just........grow up and stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You'll probably set banned from this forum for posting this thread, and if you start into the Smod's or Admins liek you have nukem, you'll be site banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Really. This is just a bad idea. It was locked for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Yes lets! - remember this little Pm you sent me?
    Rozie wrote:
    That's ****ing ridiculous. Did something eat half of your synpases or something? How can you not realise what a ****ing Nazi little thing to do? I was trying to help soemone out as I didn't want someone else to end up in a lackluster college. You clearly don't give a **** about people and are blatantly obsessed with keeping the college's image squeeky clean.

I also love how you pretend how "I told you so!" makes any difference to the fact that you as a moderator are barely worthy for a binman to scrub off his feet.

You just proved every little negative thing I said about you or the people on that little board 100% correct. Giving me what I wanted as well as what I didn't want. What a pointless excercise in being a power tripper.

There is no way you can't know you're being a complete, ****faced arrogant, immature, control freak little jackass.

You're a joke, and your little board is a joke. But I'll be sure to tell people about it. After all, which one of us really has an image to protect, Mr. UL's biggest fan?

Calling something i did "Nazi" implies that i am one which to say the least annoys and hurts.
    Insulting Moderators and what they do for free and out of there own time is kinda really disrespectful.
    There is no way you can't know you're being a complete, ****faced arrogant, immature, control freak little jackass.
    Im stuck for words i really am - how the hell do i reply to that:confused:
    Rozie wrote:
    You're a joke, and your little board is a joke. But I'll be sure to tell people about it.
    So whay are you so worked up about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Rozie wrote:

1) Nukem has previously censored my opinions in the form, and I felt as if I was being bullied, even harassed by him, in a veiled manner, which I felt was proven correct upon the final ban. AFAIK, whenever I made more reasonable posts, such as the one I'm using now, he purposely tried to find and exagerrate things which may resemble attacks.

2) Regardless of past issues, it was still not a valid final straw. This sends out the message that board.ie heavily endorses censorship of opinion and abuse of power for no logical reason. The more you force rules on members with out allowing them to question, the more people like me you are going to get in the long run. Nukem even admits it was possibly mostly personal(was getting "sick" of me rather than providing any compelling reasons for the ban). This would look very bad to most other boards online.

3) People leaping on my in the "Observations on Irish people" is proof that people jump on things that go against what they believe in, regardless of how inflammatory the initial post is. Just take the first few replies and see what I mean. The maturity level of members and moderators comes into question as much as mine.

4) In the last topic which was locked, nobody provided a valid reason for the ban and it was assumed agreed upon. The fact that previous warnings was ignored, the fact that the ban affects real life social issues very negatively was ignored.

As thus, it is NOT resolved as it was an assumption and nobody provided any form of logic, sense. I can't change this, but there is no way the decision is in any way definsible through anything but moderator warning and banning. That's a sure indication that something's wrong.

I actually have to keep away from certain people because I can't bear to be near someone who supports such a decision. I have very strong principles and those were not respected in the least.

5) Nukem's job was not difficult. Arguments were occasional, the reason I was the source of them was because I am diametrically opposed in taste and idealogy to many of the members and was the only one in a small forum anything like me(Which also was not taken into account in the last topic), and he himself made a much bigger deal of them. There was an increase in arguments but it was not worse than most forums, even ones on this forum. Nukem provoked me by censoring my opinion and siding against me instead of taking a neutral stance.
    Only "intelligent" moderating(imaginative punishments, reasoning with members on an equal level) is difficult, not warning and banning.

Yes I'm aware I'm an insignificant member who can't do anything. Like I said, might does not make right.

If this is given a chance, I'll show some level of respect. Otherwise, you can't really blame me for how I feel in the least. As there was no valid reason given except for the inevitable "For god's sake will you leave it", I don't think it is fair, or anything resembling appropriate practice.

cupofstfu.jpg .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

No, you're a poopiehead.

Nukem, why bother arguing.

Ps rozie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Rozie you lose at Life! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I think perhaps trolling is actually justified in this case, seeing as you suggested my father was a theoretical physicist.
    Rozie wrote:
    This sends out the message that board.ie heavily endorses censorship of opinion
    Wait a second! [And I must remember to talk slowly to the child] That.... is.... not.... a.... mature..... statement.

You're successfully ruining UL's "squeaky clean" (yeah right) image; you're as much proof of its failure to educate as Senán Ó'Coistín's attempt to run for the Dáíl last year is.

Christ, sixteen minutes and nearly as many replies! Must be a record!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hi everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie, the next thing will be a site ban at this rate.

But then we'll probably be listening to Rozie2 giving out about that for the 30 seconds that thread would last...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Hi Wwman!! Love U!! X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You obviously feel strongly about the ban. But in light of the recent thread and its locking, discretion might be the better part of valour in this case. Let it lie for a while.

Then after a time once heads have cooled approach Nukem again about the ban and see if you can’t come to one more final agreement.

The fact is he’s going to continue as the moderator of that forum so you’ll need to come to an accommodation should you wish to participate in the future there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

FFS,
    Between this, the previous post on banning and the "attitude of Irish People on the internet" (which I found t be a complete joke) surely a ban is what is needed........
    Rozie,
    You got issues.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

God help the mods/admins who have to listen to this.

(FTL;"GOd help ye")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Wow, talking about proving my point... point #3 for those with difficulty understanding what I just meant. Why do the moderators let all the people replying to this be immature, but I can't even have a justification for a hefty ban? Why do the moderators not care about people trolling and flaming when they're "On their side"? Biased much?

And Nukem, I still think you wholeheartedly deserved that PM(you know, people tend to get angry when you piss them off), but I'm not getting into that here. I posted a mature and calm thread and now you're trying to light it on fire.

It's stupid, and I'm going to ignore the rest of the stupid replies.

I want an unban since no reason was given, or at least a justifiable reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Get over it

• Advertisement

cough

rozie.jpg

Yes, that's right Rozie (and convenient, I might add), that anyone who thinks you're nuts and expresses it in a socially acceptable manner simply.doesn't.understand.you.

I wish it was that easy in life in general. I'm sorry Rev. Iain, you just don't understand republicanism, you're stupid for having a divergent opinion.

kensutz wrote:
    Get over it

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie wrote:
    Wow, talking about proving my point... point #3 for those with difficulty understanding what I just meant. Why do the moderators let all the people replying to this be immature, but I can't even have a justification for a hefty ban? Why do the moderators not care about people trolling and flaming when they're "On their side"? Biased much?

And Nukem, I still think you wholeheartedly deserved that PM(you know, people tend to get angry when you piss them off), but I'm not getting into that here. I posted a mature and calm thread and now you're trying to light it on fire.

It's stupid, and I'm going to ignore the rest of the stupid replies.

I want an unban since no reason was given, or at least a justifiable reason.
    crying_baby.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Rozie, you were told why you were banned. You refuse to listen to anyone.

You are agressive, insulting, and refuse to accept the opinions of other people, or any rules that are there for the greater good.

You post threads insulting everyone, and expect people to read it, stroke their chins, and say, 'Hmm, I say, Rozie raises a good point, we ARE all ignorant' and praise you for your intelligence.

This will not happen, be it on the internet, or in daily life, college, or work.

I don't think you are one of these people who will ever learn how to interract with other people. I feel sorry for you.

crying_baby.gif
    Lollercoaster.

test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

....*sigh*

Please can you take this crusade somewhere private? I mean even if you get your way and the ban lifted and Nukem executed behind the shed...the reality will be everyone will remember you as *The nutter who wont shut up*, The spammy git who started 2 threads on the same topic*

and so on.

Do you really want that?

It is because of threads like this that has led to your banning in the first place. that you turn topics into huge flamings, maybe you are right and that the members of UL dont want to be told that their university is crap, but thread after thread of shouting at them has firmly put them behind Nukem in his original actions.

There is nothing except apolgising to boards in large for the amount of electronic waste you've set alight (flamer see eh :D) and then taking this war somewhere private. Maybe...just maybe if you are sincere enough in your apology people wont be as hostile to you. IF both you, nukem and whatever moderator or super mod is ropped in, have a polite discussion over the events. We might be able to smooth things over.

otherwise just lock the thread now and go home.

Silverfish wrote:
    Rozie, you were told why you were banned. You refuse to listen to anyone.

You are agressive, insulting, and refuse to accept the opinions of other people, or any rules that are there for the greater good.

You post threads insulting everyone, and expect people to read it, stroke their chins, and say, 'Hmm, I say, Rozie raises a good point, we ARE all ignorant' and praise you for your intelligence.

This will not happen, be it on the internet, or in daily life, college, or work.

I don't think you are one of these people who will ever learn how to interract with other people. I feel sorry for you.

Nope, none of that was true. I was banned for expressing my opinion on my college. Past matters don't matter, if they were so banned I would have been banned then, nor have you provided any example as to said behaviour.

This thread isn't insulting anyone, at least not directly. Also, you care so much about me, but not about the multitidue of trolls that are posting in this thread.

If you want me to listen to "advice", start giving your "advice" to people other than those that disagree with you.

• Advertisement

PrepH.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement