Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, banned from UL forum, take 2.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

58 threads started by rozie. 12 have been locked/stopped/whatever

Just the facts

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Or what? You'll stamp you feet and scream until you are sick?

I dont think anyone deserves a PM like that, you are being a feedback-angel forum-devil tbh...

Oh and we allow people to express their opinions more... forthwrightly... here then I would expect a mod to accept, simply because people give feedback in many different forms and some are more robust then others. Perhaps you need to hear from a wide variety of users that you might be part of the problem, then simply hearing it from me.
    All the same civility is still a requirement.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    ....*sigh*

Please can you take this crusade somewhere private? I mean even if you get your way and the ban lifted and Nukem executed behind the shed...the reality will be everyone will remember you as *The nutter who wont shut up*, The spammy git who started 2 threads on the same topic*

and so on.

Do you really want that?

It is because of threads like this that has led to your banning in the first place. that you turn topics into huge flamings, maybe you are right and that the members of UL dont want to be told that their university is crap, but thread after thread of shouting at them has firmly put them behind Nukem in his original actions.

There is nothing except apolgising to boards in large for the amount of electronic waste you've set alight (flamer see eh :D) and then taking this war somewhere private. Maybe...just maybe if you are sincere enough in your apology people wont be as hostile to you. IF both you, nukem and whatever moderator or super mod is ropped in, have a polite discussion over the events. We might be able to smooth things over.

otherwise just lock the thread now and go home.

I don't think you realise that it usualy takes two side to start a flame war, yet one person was consistently blamed. That's not pleasant at all. What people want to hear shouldn't matter, there should be some level of free speech here.

I have had polite discussions with Nukem over PM before, a long time ago, and he does not respond to it. He was obsessive over his decisions and use of power and completely unresponsive to civility, logic, reason, fairness, facts, or just about anything.

I don't care how people view me. Look around at some of the people posting. I'm going to say it, they're idiots. They're real trolls, just looking for a good fight or chance to flame people without being banned. They're worse than me, only difference is they're afraid of the moderators. You can't give out to me for calling people who are posting flames, trolls, pictures of babies and generic forum pics idiots.

Why would I care what these people think? It just disturbs me that these people are in any way representitive of Ireland as a whole.

What I do care about is my principles, that's something I never let go off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Rozie wrote:
    Wow, talking about proving my point... point #3 for those with difficulty understanding what I just meant. Why do the moderators let all the people replying to this be immature, but I can't even have a justification for a hefty ban? Why do the moderators not care about people trolling and flaming when they're "On their side"? Biased much?

And Nukem, I still think you wholeheartedly deserved that PM(you know, people tend to get angry when you piss them off), but I'm not getting into that here. I posted a mature and calm thread and now you're trying to light it on fire.

It's stupid, and I'm going to ignore the rest of the stupid replies.

I want an unban since no reason was given, or at least a justifiable reason.

by the way, you made two insulting comments that were reported on the AH forum last night.

you were directly abusive to two different people.

should i ban you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Rozie wrote:
    Wow, talking about proving my point... point #3 for those with difficulty understanding what I just meant. Why do the moderators let all the people replying to this be immature, but I can't even have a justification for a hefty ban? Why do the moderators not care about people trolling and flaming when they're "On their side"? Biased much?

And Nukem, I still think you wholeheartedly deserved that PM(you know, people tend to get angry when you piss them off), but I'm not getting into that here. I posted a mature and calm thread and now you're trying to light it on fire.

arguing.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

3) People leaping on my in the "Observations on Irish people" is proof that people jump on things that go against what they believe in, regardless of how inflammatory the initial post is. Just take the first few replies and see what I mean. The maturity level of members and moderators comes into question as much as mine.

That thread followed very closely off your original banned from UL thread (you even linked it in the thread) And while the first 3-4 responses to your original thread were civil, you were rude and offensive and it was after you posted a second rude and offensive post that the majority of posters turned against you. The only poster to actually say anythign offensive before that post was Karl Hungus, but he seems to have prior experiance argueing with you. So i wont comment on that.

The reason your other thread got so badly flamed is because you were already the centre of a flaming thread of venom here on feedback and you move on to after hours to start a similar aggressive thread. IF YOU DID NOT HAVE THE THREAD ON FEEDBACK! I can assure you, you would not have been as hotly or as badly flamed as you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why do the moderators not care about people trolling and flaming when they're "On their side"? Biased much?

Because nobody does it quite like you do. You were given a reason for your banning, but because it's not what you want to hear, you just keep going as if somehow jumping up and down and making lots of noise will make people think "gee, somehow I think maybe we're being unreasonable here lads". Life's not like that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Rozie, I have been on boards for four years. I have rarely seen anyone cause the amount of hassle you have in the space of one year.

I think, really, if you dislike boards so much, go elsewhere.

This was suggested to you before, and you whined that there was nowhere else. That, I'm afraid, is the problem you have created for yourself. Now, either sit down, shut up and contribute, and stop seeing every single poster and the site as a whole as a potential target to relieve whatever angst you have accumulated, or else please go elsewhere. I don't think we really care where that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Rozie wrote:
    What I do care about is my principles, that's something I never let go off.

mandela_picI never knew you were such a brilliant man, Rozie.

BuffyBot wrote:
    Because nobody does it quite like you do. You were given a reason for your banning, but because it's not what you want to hear, you just keep going as if somehow jumping up and down and making lots of noise will make people think "gee, somehow I think maybe we're being unreasonable here lads". Life's not like that.

It's nothing to do with "What I wanted to hear", don't be stupid. Those weren't valid reasons and I explained why, and you ignored it. Reference was only made to past "crimes". If those were so severe, I should have been banned for them then. Fact was, I was banned for expressing my opinion and nobody has given me a good reason why.

Stop trying to make me out to be a baby or child when I'm one of the only people here even attempting some level of maturity.

• Advertisement

Silverfish wrote:
    Rozie, I have been on boards for four years. I have rarely seen anyone cause the amount of hassle you have in the space of one year.

I think, really, if you dislike boards so much, go elsewhere.

99% of the "Hassle" I have caused is by being completely revolted with the conduct of the staff and members instead of purposely trying to cause fights. You're making the presumption that there's nothing wrong with the system. If your system is bad, someone will come along eventually and point it out. I was just the first to do so, I'm nobody special in that scale of things.

That's your explanation.

And where is "elswhere"? P45Rant? That's just as bad and much smaller. There is no equivillent forum. There are already people who have the same ideas of me, so I just have to hope more pop up. I got quite a few PMs after this whole nonsense saying they were sorry I suffered from the system and they hated it too, but gave up trying to get anything through.

This is getting stupid. If I'm causing so much hassle, you could just reverse Nukem's decision, as it wasn't justified in the first place. This would be the first time EVER the staff has done something directly fair for me, so I guarantee I'd take it as a sign of change and shut up for a *long* long time to come. People have to accept that it's the way you're treating certain people asm uch as the way certain people are treating you.

Solving it by banning me here is unjustified on top of an already unjusitifed ban

I have had polite discussions with Nukem over PM before, a long time ago, and he does not respond to it. He was obsessive over his decisions and use of power and completely unresponsive to civility, logic, reason, fairness, facts, or just about anything.

If it is alright with both you and Nukem...lets see this Pm conversation and lets see where it has gone wrong...if it is like you say, clearly in Nukem ignoring a *Civil* argument, then i will agree it was an unfair ban.

if they were so banned I would have been banned then,

I believe you were temp banned twice for those past actions. So i believe that twice warned and lesson never learned justifies a perminant ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Tl-c1PusrM

Seriously, do you think the powers that be are going to appreciate you starting a new thread after the original one was closed?

Go read a book or something and try forget about this whole thing (as difficult as it must be...).

These are kind of hard to copy/paste, they end up all unformatted.
    I believe you were temp banned twice for those past actions. So i believe that twice warned and lesson never learned justifies a perminant ban.

But I've just realised once I got banned for making a "Spam" post which wasn't really a spam post at all. I heard gunshots one night and was wonderring if anyone else heard them.
    Re: Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rozie
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nukem
    Banned for one week for silly posting in the last few days. Have given you warnings. PM me in a week to lift the ban.

Nukem

That was very mean Other people post just as silly.

Yes, But i have warned them and they have stopped but you continued to post silly remarks., Ex: Spider and Fireworks ???????????????????????

See what I mean by messy..? The Spider was probably from a time I posted about when I had a giant Spider in my room. I have pics somewhere. I just thought it was giant of cool.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Tl-c1PusrM

Seriously, do you think the powers that be are going to appreciate you starting a new thread after the original one was closed?

Go read a book or something and try forget about this whole thing (as difficult as it must be...).

Forget about the whole thing? I don't think you realise that I have to deal with the people in the UL board every day, and it's incredibly uncomfortabel for me. I'm already miserable enough as it is. It bothers me that the staff don't really seem to care how their board affects people's real lives. That's going into an area where "My rules, my board" doesn't apply anymore, and could be even interpretaed as harassment(and not in the "I'll sue you for harassment!" kind of way).

I personally despise that I have to live in fear of the "Powers that be". They should be moderating the board, not instilling fear in people. Maybe if they presented themselves as more fair and understanding there wouldn't be any problems to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Rozie, apply formatting with internal quote tags.

Nukem wrote:
    Banned for one week for silly posting in the last few days. Have given you warnings. PM me in a week to lift the ban.

Nukem
    Rozie wrote:
    That was very mean Other people post just as silly.

Yes, But i have warned them and they have stopped but you continued to post silly remarks., Ex: Spider and Fireworks ???????????????????????

Edit: Or just do them individually. All the ones one sent, individually copy and paste within quote tags. All the ones you received, same. Order chronologically.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If those were so severe, I should have been banned for them then.

The way I understand it is that you were banned from UL forum previously. Then you started again, and you got banned.
    Fact was, I was banned for expressing my opinion and nobody has given me a good reason why.

I suspect it's more about the manner in which you continually seem to express your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

it's the internet rozie...a bulletin board affecting your life is noones fault but yours really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I thought you were going to ignore all these threads........So much for ignoring.
    I think the best thing for you to do in this case is try and learn something from this whole escapade, re register with a new nic, put what you have learned into practice and forget about Rozie.....
    !BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!
    Which appears to be the opinion of the majority.......
    Oh yeah- and when you eventually do get out of Limerick best of luck to you in live and on boards.
    Kippy

Rozie wrote:
    99% of the "Hassle" I have caused is by being completely revolted with the conduct of the staff and members instead of purposely trying to cause fights. You're making the presumption that there's nothing wrong with the system. If your system is bad, someone will come along eventually and point it out. I was just the first to do so, I'm nobody special in that scale of things.

That's your explanation.

And where is "elswhere"? P45Rant? That's just as bad and much smaller. There is no equivillent forum.

Like I said, where you go is not our problem. I'm not 'presuming' there's nothing wrong with the system. There IS nothing wrong with the system. So, you are unhappy with this privately owned site, and want them to change it?
    So,by your logic, I presume you also think you are also entitled to turn up at my house and tell me what to do with it?

Rozie wrote:
    This is getting stupid. If I'm causing so much hassle, you could just reverse Nukem's decision, as it wasn't justified in the first place. This would be the first time EVER the staff has done something directly fair for me,

I wasn't talking about the hassle here, I'm talking about the hassle on every single forum you've posted on. Why would they unban you for causing hassle, when you were banned for it in the first place?

Thats like saying I get banned for posting spam, then try and get myself unbanned by posting more spam.

• Advertisement

thats Nukem replying to your argument that other people were being silly too? Well it seems to be satisfactory answer to me. Did you send another PM after that?

Thanks.

This one has me a little angry but not at anyone's throat as such. It's hard to sift through all these PMs. I was very angry with this because my opinion was censored. I got into a bit of a scuffle but that didn't even seem his concern in the least, and the person provoking it got off scott free. That was only very minor anyway.

Re: Banned for 2wks
    Rozie wrote:
    Nukem wrote:
    Rozie wrote:
    Yeah, because this does a lot for me not hating UL and the people in it.

And by the way, it isn't an opinion. What I stated was fact, the SU is falling apart, the ITD computers are terrible and the scholars has closed down. That much is fact.

Maybe it's all good for people that don't mind doing nothing but getting pissed, but some of the rest of us are pretty miserable. Banning me only really makes me hate you more, anyway. Maybe if you'd put yourself in my shoes for a second you'd be a little smarter.
    Nukem wrote:
    Banned for 2 weeks (Second banning) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...1#post50855781
    Personal abuse and posting tripe.
    Just because you belive the college not to be nice is your own opinion but please do not attack people for having their opinion.
    Admittedly Kamora did have a pop off you and i will be speaking to him but this isnt the first reported post i have had bout you and its not goin un-noticed. Next time i see something thats ban worthy i will permanently ban you.

PM me in 2 weeks in case i forget.

Nukem
    ULSU is not falling apart.
    ITD have been putting in new PC's while we were off and have another big upgrade planned during the summer. And yes the scholars has closed so what if your not a drinker that shouldnt matter now should it.

Hating me..............i couldnt careless what you thought of me to be honest.College is what you make of it and if you dont like it thats fine but its not our fault. Suck it up and deal with it.

Nukem

ULSU is falling apart. Most of the societies are gone, or pretty defunct. The new PCs should have been done ages ago, and their internet access was iffy all last year.
    And I do drink on occasion, the scholars was a nice place to hang out either way and had better bands and food. The Stables is much more rough feeling, but I suppose if you're just getting pissed you won't notice.

You have to be given something to make something out of it. Right now, there's almost nothing for me and a lot of other people and the few friends I have agree.

Whatever ya reckopn but i still stand by my view and you are entitled to your own but the way you put the while place down was un called for. Look take the 2weeks ban and forget about it please.

Good luck in the exam results they are out by the way - sever is jammed with people trying though

nuke
    [/quote]

I've just realised he wasn't so bad via PMs after all(though the "You're banned! Good luck with exams! was very patronising), but really did ban me for some horrible and ridiculous things. Most of the stuff that i have a problem with is on the forums. I've NEVER done anything really horrible on the forums, and would like to see someone say otherwised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Rozie wrote:
    Thanks.

This one has me a little angry but not at anyone's throat as such. It's hard to sift through all these PMs. I was very angry with this because my opinion was censored. I got into a bit of a scuffle but that didn't even seem his concern in the least, and the person provoking it got off scott free. That was only very minor anyway.

FUN_JESUS_LOVES_YOU_EVERYBODY_ELSE_THINKS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Rozie wrote:
    ... It bothers me that the staff don't really seem to care how their board affects people's real lives. ...
    I personally despise that I have to live in fear of the "Powers that be". ...

They aren't the staff. This situation is unfair because other people are being treated more leniently than you.

Listen obviously UL is full of narrowminded hicks. Not surprising it is a glorified secretarial school.

However you are being histrionic.
    Just lock yourself in and focus on your work.
    Turn off boards focus on your work and turn this unfair situation to your advantage.

MM

Like I said, where you go is not our problem. I'm not 'presuming' there's nothing wrong with the system. There IS nothing wrong with the system. So, you are unhappy with this privately owned site, and want them to change it?
    So,by your logic, I presume you also think you are also entitled to turn up at my house and tell me what to do with it?

Forums aren't houses, but I'm far too annoyed with people who use that metaphor to argue that point. Instead I'll ask you to say why a forum is like a house purely because it's "Privately owned".

I for one believe that the servers are "Privately owned", but unfortunately for the mods, a community grew up on their forum which nobody can lay claim
    to owning. So while it's "Legal" I don't believe it's "Moral" in the least to use "We own your communcation and relationships with other members", not to mention
    that it's singlehandedly responsible for every instance of fascist moderating ever, and isn't heavily logically sequitor(follows up).

There is something wrong with the system. You simply aren't affected by it, and you don't care for people who are. I have pointed out good reasons
    why it is broken, with backing and examples, which haven't been debunked.

But anyway, thats for the "Ban appeal" thread. Keep it seperate.
    I wasn't talking about the hassle here, I'm talking about the hassle on every single forum you've posted on. Why would they unban you for causing hassle, when you were banned for it in the first place?

They shouldn't unban me for causing hassle, they should unban me because all this hassle is their fault in the first place. And this isn't spam. What else do you want me to do? At least this way I can make a stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

by the way, you made two insulting comments that were reported on the AH forum last night.

you were directly abusive to two different people.

should i ban you?
    hey rozie, you manage to miss my post.
    can you answer it please

Okay, just to sum it up for people, I've been banned 3 times from the uL forums.

1st time:

"Being silly" is about as much as I can gather. The main point was posting a topic asking if anyone else around UL heard a gunshot at night, which freaked me out.

2nd time:

UL-related complaint. Said I felt that the college was falling apart, pointed out that Socs are falling apart, and suggested that we work towards imrpoving it. Got into minor scuffle with another member who was trolling, I got full blame, post was editted, banned for 2 weeks.

3rd time:

A member posts asking if going to UL is a good idea. I tell them that at the moment, it's not a great place and Limerick isn't a nice city. Unless they don't mind spending most of their time in a jockish bar(which to be fair, a lot of people don't). I genuinely didn't want to risk anyone else going through what I did, those were my feelings at the time, I probably jumped the gun a little, but nothign ban worthy. Or so I thought.

Final Ban. I post about it, people post in their droves calling me an idiot who needs to "grow up". End of story.

If you support my ban based on that information, I think someone else needs to take a step away from boards. All of this can be found on the UL forum, at least in theory, most of it is editted out.

Rozie wrote:

They shouldn't unban me for causing hassle, they should unban me because all this hassle is their fault in the first place. And this isn't spam. What else do you want me to do? At least this way I can make a stand.

I didn't say it was spam. See? You don't listen. I was giving you what we call an example. Maybe I should simplify for you.

You ( Rozie) were causing hassle ( abusive posts, abusive attitude) long before you were banned.
    Causing MORE hassle ( like this thread, and your other thread, on Feedback) is not likely to get you unbanned.

Can you see how that works?

hey rozie, you manage to miss my post.
    can you answer it please

You banned me from the fashion forum once for defending fat people, and have done nothing but troll in my topics.

It's very difficult to answer you on that. I don't think you should be a mod to begin with, and it's not fair to call what I'm doing "trolling" when I'm the one being provoked.

• Advertisement

well looking at the pms, Rozie it seems that Nukem had been fair with you in the PMs. He did forwarn you that any similar behavior of any kind will warrant in a permanant ban. And you did in his opinion step over the line. Your comments does in a way fall under flaming...its normally not a serious offence but because you had stepped over the line a number of times before it was enough to have you banned.
    Next time i see something thats ban worthy i will permanently ban you.

I'm sorry but it looks like to me that Nukem was justified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement