Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, banned from UL forum, take 2.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Rozie wrote:
    You banned me from the fashion forum once for defending fat people, and have done nothing but troll in my topics.

fatmuscleman1-772554.PNG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

LiouVille, how on earth are you producing these pics so fast. Holy crap, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Silverfish wrote:
    I didn't say it was spam. See? You don't listen. I was giving you what we call an example. Maybe I should simplify for you.

You ( Rozie) were causing hassle ( abusive posts, abusive attitude) long before you were banned.
    Causing MORE hassle ( like this thread, and your other thread, on Feedback) is not likely to get you unbanned.

Can you see how that works?

You missed out on an entire section of one of my posts, possibly the most important. Here it is again:
    This would be the first time EVER the staff has done something directly fair for me, so I guarantee I'd take it as a sign of change and shut up for a *long* long time to come. People have to accept that it's the way you're treating certain people asm uch as the way certain people are treating you.

If I was unbanned, it would say to me that the staff CAN improve, can change, and do listen to their members and not just their moderators to an extent. Before that, there was still a lot of nasty business, I'd been banned from a forum or two, and a lot of people were mods that really shouldn't, not to mention a lot of trolling going unchecked.

Do you think there is anything else that would shut me up more than that? Prove me wrong for once, and I'll shut up. Take away what I have to fight for, and I can't fight for it anymore, can I? I can't complain if you actually did something decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Rozie wrote:
    You missed out on an entire section of one of my posts, possibly the most important. Here it is again:

If I was unbanned, it would say to me that the staff CAN improve, can change, and do listen to their members and not just their moderators to an extent. Before that, there was still a lot of nasty business, I'd been banned from a forum or two, and a lot of people were mods that really shouldn't, not to mention a lot of trolling going unchecked.

Do you think there is anything else that would shut me up more than that? Prove me wrong for once, and I'll shut up. Take away what I have to fight for, and I can't fight for it anymore, can I? I can't complain if you actually did something decent.

noonecares.jpg

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    well looking at the pms, Rozie it seems that Nukem had been fair with you in the PMs. He did forwarn you that any similar behavior of any kind will warrant in a permanant ban. And you did in his opinion step over the line. Your comments does in a way fall under flaming...its normally not a serious offence but because you had stepped over the line a number of times before it was enough to have you banned.

I'm sorry but it looks like to me that Nukem was justified.

Ignore the PMs, read the reasons why he was banning me in the first place, and you might read that stuff in a different light.

How am I to know he would find me expressing my opinion banworthy? He essentially said "Hey, if I find something that I think I should ban you for, I'll ban you for it". Considerring that what I said didn't break any rules, how was I supposed to know?

Nukem himself pretty much admits it wasn't a valid reason to ban me, he just doesn't care, because he can get away with it, and the moderators agree with him. That's not fair in the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and do listen to their members and not just their moderators to an extent.

What if we have been listening to you and other members and still find you in the wrong? Can you accept that?

LiouVille wrote:
    noonecares.jpg

ajp.jpg

Don't even try me with these :P

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    What if we have been listening to you and other members and still find you in the wrong? Can you accept that?

No, because that sounds like a ridiculous cop out and involves you doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

If I was unbanned, it would say to me that the staff CAN improve, can change, and do listen to their members and not just their moderators to an extent
    So what you are saying here is that there are many people here who agree that you were harshly treated and as such the majority of the members believe you should be unbanned.........
    I havent seen one person here say that you should be unbanned.....so now the mods are supposed to do what ONE PERSON says even though no one agrees with that one person......for fecks sake, get real.
    And I suppose if you do think that you have more than yourself who believes that you should be unbanned perhaps you should run a poll........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Rozie wrote:

But Rozie, if they unban you, how long will it be before someone else steps on your toes? Or, someone steps on yours - which is extremely easy to do, whether intentional or not. You take offence at everyone, then claim that they were the one with the problem with you. It seems that you seek to aggravate people. I've seen you do it in many threads. Nukem did give you warning, but you went ahead anyway. Its not up to boards.ie to prove to you that it can change, but up to you to prove that you can, if it isn't too late.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Nothing's going to happen Rozie because you're getting up people's noses.
    Relax & realise that (hopefully) you have better things to do with your time than "fight the system".
    At least not this system!

Leave it be & maybe try being nice to the person who has the power to unban you, it usually works better than calling them ignorant Nazi's.

Relax! No one cares & everyone's just enjoying laughing at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie wrote:
    No, because that sounds like a ridiculous cop out and involves you doing absolutely nothing whatsoever.
    Mother. Of. Christ.

There is no getting through to you, is there...

Silverfish wrote:
    But Rozie, if they unban you, how long will it be before someone else steps on your toes? Or, someone steps on yours - which is extremely easy to do, whether intentional or not. You take offence at everyone, then claim that they were the one with the problem with you. It seems that you seek to aggravate people. I've seen you do it in many threads. Nukem did give you warning, but you went ahead anyway. Its not up to boards.ie to prove to you that it can change, but up to you to prove that you can, if it isn't too late.

Your stepping on my toes indefinitely as it is. Moot point.
    Mother. Of. Christ.

There is no getting through to you, is there...

I'm really getting tired of you talking now. If you don't like what I'm saying, feck off. There's nothing compelling to this thread like I'm compelled to my principles, except your own assininity.
    Relax! No one cares & everyone's just enjoying laughing at you.

Oh yeah, that's a GREAT reason to relax.

Has anyone actually read the reasons I was banned from Last Page or are they just having too much fun piling on top of me and saying "get real" like it's still the 90s?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

LouiVille banned from Feedback for two weeks for contributing only heat (and not light) to this thread.

Rozie, I agree with the ban, I think its best for the forum, for you and for the mod who had repeatedly expressed exasperation with you to me and also, it seems, to you.

I think its best for all concerned if you simply ignored the UL forum, its just causing you distress and disrupting what harmony it has.

This thread has about 12 hours to live.

DeV.

Why cant you answer my last post Rozie,

DeVore wrote:
    LouiVille banned from Feedback for two weeks for contributing only heat (and not light) to this thread.

Rozie, I agree with the ban, I think its best for the forum, for you and for the mod who had repeatedly expressed exasperation with you to me and also, it seems, to you.

I think its best for all concerned if you simply ignored the UL forum, its just causing you distress and disrupting what harmony it has.

This thread has about 12 hours to live.

DeV.

It's causing me 10 times as much hassle being banned from the forum. I have to deal with these people in real life, directly or indirectly. It bothers me immensely that people support it and if the decision was forcibly reversed, it would at least make me feel more confident about them and perhaps make them rethink.

You didn't really say why you agreed with the ban apart from that though. I dont' see any reason why I did anything wrong enough to be banned.

It will not go away until I leave UL.

P.S. thanks for getting rid of Louville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

Best thread ever...
    Can't believe he/she/it still thinks it has a valid argument to make, brilliant!

(FTL;"Popcorn anyone?")

kippy wrote:

Because you used the phrase "get real", which is meaningless and used as the main point of your argument could be both Appeal to Tradition and Appeal to Ridicule.

i.e. your point is probably inherently wrong and it's not worth bothering with.

Best thread ever...
    Can't believe he/she/it still thinks it has a valid argument to make, brilliant!

(FTL;"Popcorn anyone?")

I can't believe you're still trolling and even PMed me spam!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rozie,

Heres my view of the whole thing as an unbiased observer:

You got banned from a forum by a mod and you werent happy and couldnt understand why you got banned.

You start a thread to complain about being banned and ask why you were banned.

Mods/Supermods all reply with answers but they arent to your satisfaction so you continue to post with the same point more or less again and again,why was I banned I dont deserve it.

The thread evertually gets locked and you are told that thats the way it is here.You start another thread asking excately the same questions over and over again and again get responses from numerous mods.

The thing is,we all know you dont agree with the ban.You`ve made that clear over and over and over again.But you did get banned.You questioned it and questioned it and questioned it and were told you were still banned.Shouldnt that be the end of it? Just because you dont agree with the banning doesnt mean that you will get "unbanned".

You`ve had your say.We all know how you feel about the situation but the decision isnt yours,its the mods and they have made it.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote:

Hey wait for your place in the line, there are at least 30 valid arguments that he has so far ignored, perhaps he knows best however...

(FTL;"It' s raining men")

adox wrote:
    Rozie,

Heres my view of the whole thing as an unbiased observer:

You got banned from a forum by a mod and you werent happy and couldnt understand why you got banned.

You start a thread to complain about being banned and ask why you were banned.

Mods/Supermods all reply with answers but they arent to your satisfaction so you continue to post with the same point more or less again and again,why was I banned I dont deserve it.

The thread evertually gets locked and you are told that thats the way it is here.You start another thread asking excately the same questions over and over again and again get responses from numerous mods.

The thing is,we all know you dont agree with the ban.You`ve made that clear over and over and over again.But you did get banned.You questioned it and questioned it and questioned it and were told you were still banned.Shouldnt that be the end of it? Just because you dont agree with the banning doesnt mean that you will get "unbanned".

You`ve had your say.We all know how you feel about the situation but the decision isnt yours,its the mods and they have made it.

You're missing out on the fact that there was no real justification for the ban. And nobody's truly unbiased.

Rozie wrote:
    Because you used the phrase "get real", which is meaningless and used as the main point of your argument could be both Appeal to Tradition and Appeal to Ridicule.

Yes as all posts which use any form of colloqiolism/slang surely are. Indeed.

(FTL;"of course?...Hmmm?")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rosie, I just find it hard to believe that anyone can be so stubborn, fail to see that they were in the wrong - in spite of proof being laid out on a platter - and basically take issue with everything anyone says to them.

You seem to hate the world and everyone in it. You have repeatedly stated that all this is causing you stress, while people advise you to relax and not to take an internet message board so seriously. You ignore, or insult, and generally both.

Narcissus would be proud.
    I'm really getting tired of you talking now. If you don't like what I'm saying, feck off.
    This is pretty much what everyone else has been telling you for two days.

Anyway, you're right. **** it. I give up. Have a nice life, however short and meaningless the rest of it might seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sooo. I'm not doing my job when i take time to look through the pms between you an nukem, then to look for the original posts in question, the post that was the cathalyst for all this.

so lets see.

your 1st offence i believe is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=311010

(i assume cause your banned you cant see it, but this is for other users)

those sort of posts tend to barely pass after hours standards, let alone a college forum. Outside of After Hours any other mod would have done the same. Even in after hours, unless the thread had stayed on topic beyond its 2nd post (which yours didnt in sorts) they would have been locked before the 2nd page.

your second offence

i'm trying to work out which one it is, cause there are numerous threads here which have become like these ones on feedback. but i am guessing its this one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318620&page=3

i could be wrong, there are a number of threads which result in you having a flame war with someone else (who as said in the PM from Nukem was given a warning also, not banned because they were not prolonging the flame war like you.)

and your 3rd offence, a minor flaming offence. but one you were warned against doing since your second offence

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054904865

Sooo after digging through all that are you telling me i am copping out because i still do not see Nukem being uncivil, abusive of his powers, or you being unfairly treated.

In conclusion i am trying to help, by asking. Stop these feedback threads, try a few of the other forums (the comic forum or film forum?) somewhere where you have an interest or fondness of the subject. But i cannot in my right mind say that the ban in UL should be lifted.

My point is very valid and is key to most of your argument. The fact that you refuse to answer to topics I bring up would pretty much suggest to me that you cant answer my questions.
    By the way, get real is not meaningless, it means to step back, take a long hard look at the whole situation.
    Now that I have explained the term "Get Real" in the context of my comment, I expect an answer.

Sooo after digging through all that are you telling me i am copping out because i still do not see Nukem being uncivil, abusive of his powers, or you being unfairly treated.

You're a moderator here, so your opinion doesn't count much to me since you probably have to see those abusive qualities as positive. I can't honestly see how you'd see the total sum of those links over the time period they were posted in as banworthy. Of course, I can't view them, but from the descriptions they're essentially what I described earlier. You even admitted yourself there were "Minor" offenses. A ban should be set after many major offenses in a reasonable amount of time, not a handful of minor ones.

Bans should be last resorts. Who says that? Common ****ing decency. Nukem tried crap all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Rozie wrote:
    Because you used the phrase "get real", which is meaningless
    No, it's not.

Look, Rozie, you're really fighting a lost cause here. You joined this private community under the rules of the owners. I sometimes disagree with the rules of the owners but I appreciate property law above these disagreements. Your argument is essentially that of the travelling community - "ah but sure didn't we get onto his land fair and square?"

Boards does run a bit of democracy insofar as (in general, in my experience) if there's consensus that's the decision. Now, it's no coincidence that the consensus is essentially the admins' word. The reason for this is because they have shaped a community, which includes social ettiquette and all that, that clearly you like.

If you fail to fit into the community, well, you fail to fit into the community.

If you break the rules of the community, and are given fair warning, the private land can revoke your citizenship.

Now, back to "get real". "Get real" actually means "get boardslike". The social idealogy is there and is to adhered to. If you're not adhering to it, you're not remaining within the social contract. "Get real" does have meaning; and its pertinent.

kippy wrote:
    My point is very valid and is key to most of your argument. The fact that you refuse to answer to topics I bring up would pretty much suggest to me that you cant answer my questions.
    By the way, get real is not meaningless, it means to step back, take a long hard look at the whole situation.
    Now that I have explained the term "Get Real" in the context of my comment, I expect an answer.

It's still silly as it's presuming that I don't know what I'm talking about. How will taking a step back affect anything? I did that last night and when I came back it was locked. The same will happen here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

kippy wrote:
    And I suppose if you do think that you have more than yourself who believes that you should be unbanned perhaps you should run a poll........
    Rozie should be unbanned, the ban was not justified even temporarily. This is the simulacrum of fairness but is not far.

MM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement