Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right, banned from UL forum, take 2.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Rozie should be unbanned, the ban was not justified even temporarily. This is the simulacrum of fairness but is not far.

MM

A poll won't work because so many trolls have taken note of this topic already, and people don't like me. It has to be something truly unbiased, which you won't find here. But, a truly unbiased way would be to dictate the validity of the ban based on logic, fairness and reasoning, which doesn't change so easily. And under those, it's invalid. That's not my opinion, there simply isn't a logical defense for it.

Look, Rozie, you're really fighting a lost cause here. You joined this private community under the rules of the owners. I sometimes disagree with the rules of the owners but I appreciate property law above these disagreements. Your argument is essentially that of the travelling community - "ah but sure didn't we get onto his land fair and square?"

No, because it's not to do with land, it's to do with community. I personally think that people believe that through lack of education on the difference between property and community. A community is a collection of people and their interactions. Property is something you actually own. You cannot own relations, therefore you cannot own a community, therefore you cannot own a forum, only the server it is hosted on, which you are providing to the community and not individual members, therefore it is up to the community to discriminate, and if you don't like that, you should not provide the server. This is all based on actuality rather than legality, however, as the "laws" regarding this don't make sense and are borne out of U.S. possessive capitalism.
    I for one believe that the servers are "Privately owned", but unfortunately for the mods, a community grew up on their forum which nobody can lay claim
    to owning. So while it's "Legal" I don't believe it's "Moral" in the least to use "We own your communcation and relationships with other members", not to mention
    that it's singlehandedly responsible for every instance of fascist moderating ever, and isn't heavily logically sequitor(follows up).

So I think they should be free to do what they want with the servers, but not affect the community. That means what they do should affect EVERYBODY. They're providing a service and are free to withdraw that. However, I don't think it's their place to discriminate who gets to use it, as they are not giving it to specific people, they are leaving it open for a community to form. There's a HUGE difference there, a shift from exclusive to inclusive. The community should decide community affairs(but obviously adhering to basic logical and reasonable practices and not just popular opinion).

But of course, that's borderlining on such crazy notions as a republic or democracy.

So please don't argue the "property rights" with me, that's an argument for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

Your interpretation of fairness is miles away from the average boards user, so yes they do "change easily"

(FTL;"More rediculous attempts to reason with him")

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

PM's warning you.

2 temp bans.

Thats about what people expect their patience to go.

And as i already said. I am unsure about the 2nd one cause there are numerous threads all locked for the same reason. which involves you. So even ignoring the 3 you actually got punished for, there is still a large number of offences Nukem has let you get away with. Also your final pm, the highly offensive one is enough to cement any banning.
    ou're a moderator here, so your opinion doesn't count much to me since you probably have to see those abusive qualities as positive.

and thus the only person still trying to keep things civil and actually maybe help you is alienated because you cant trust me cause i am a moderator.

fine.

Expect no more help from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Your argument is essentially that of the travelling community - "ah but sure didn't we get onto his land fair and square?"...

Why bring in the travelling community? Totally random racist analogising.

If you fail to fit into the community, well, you fail to fit into the community.
    A racist says she doesn't fit in. She already knows that, she's trnsgendered for goodness' sake. Don't tell me that isn't playing a role.

Your logic is essentially that of the southern slave owner before the US civil war. 'I couldn't have raped her, she was my property.'

MM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

Rozie wrote:
    No, because it's not to do with land, it's to do with community. I personally think that people believe that through lack of education on the difference between property and community.

So I think they should be free to do what they want with the servers, but not affect the community. That means what they do has to affect EVERYBODY. The community should decide community affairs(but obviously adhering to basic logical and reasonable practices and not just popular opinion).

But of course, that's borderlining on such crazy notions as a republic or democracy.

You are forgetting that moderators are representatives of this community.

(FTl; "enough is enough")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Rozie wrote:
    No, because it's not to do with land, it's to do with community. I personally think that people believe that through lack of education on the difference between property and community.
    You're nothing but a communist, i see you as the evil love child of that fat idiot Micheal Moore with your illogical left wing propogandic lies and your dreadful attention seeking pointless garbage that shoots from your mouth just as spunk would shoot from a mans penis.

You're nothing but a communist, i see you as the evil love child of that fat idiot Micheal Moore with your illogical left wing propogandic lies and your dreadful attention seeking pointless garbage that shoots from your mouth just as spunk would shoot from a mans penis.

Who let the neo-cons in!?

(out of interst - calling left wingers illogical is part of the typical neo-con fallacy of reversing an argument they know they can't win, following similiar illogic to begging the question. In reality most neo-con arguments are determined by their inherent lack of logic, as they rely on "Appeal to tradition". Neo-cons persistantly turn around these accusations with little thought for how they apply, as they are unable to come up with their own, which is a sign of more primitive social behaviour than average. The more you know...)

Since we're allowing more primitive beings, can my Chimp join in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

You don't understand.

A family go away for a fortnight. They go away for a month. They go away for a year, whatever. Their tenants are having a nice old time chatting away. They're a community. Now a disgruntled little runt who annoys a senior member of the permitted community is told to go away. They come back and they're told to go away again. They come back. Now this person is also the sort of person who implicitly accuses me of over-compensating for something (despite not knowing me or my level of intellect, or lack thereof apparantly) for using words that might strain their brain a little.
    Typing like an expert does not an expert make, and 9 times out of 10 it's hiding a lack of substance in the argument.

And now the big landowner family return and do not like what they see.

Get real. It would be immoral to accuse the owners of acting immorally by removing the vermin. She annoys the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rozie wrote:
    You're missing out on the fact that there was no real justification for the ban. And nobody's truly unbiased.

Its irrelevent at this stage if it was justified or not.

You`ve argued your case and been heard and told the decision wont be changed.What purpose does continuing with your argument serve at this stage?

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    Who let the neo-cons in!?

Since we're allowing more primitive beings, can my Chimp join in?
    The fact that you own a chimp suggests you're a damn organic vegatable eating green.

BlitzKrieg wrote:

and your 3rd offence, a minor flaming offence. but one you were warned against doing since your second offence

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054904865
    This is not a flame at all.
    No individual is referenced.
    The post is in no sense aggressive.
    The upshot is 'The college is dull' and 'Limerick is dull'.

God knows why she went to Limerick, but surely it is acceptable to say that you don't like the place.

It is not accurate to call the above post a flame.

This is not a genuine discussion it is a chinese style 'struggle session'. Rozie has been treated differently from other posters. I know that she can be irritating but Nukem's ban was not justified and to describe it as a responce to 'a minor flaming offense' isn't accurate.

On the other hand Rozie you have to give as well as take.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Rozie,
    Get Real again, except this time dont come back and open another thread or two bitc**n about the previous three and the fact that you are a tortured being who will never get any justice.

If you dont like the way you have been treated on Boards, I think you should take your posting elsewhere......seeing as you are not going to get any justice here.

Perhaps you will find somewhere where people will appreciate your intelligence, wit, common sense and of course tact.

At the end of the day, live is too short to be piss*ng against the wind.

You don't understand.

A family go away for a fortnight. They go away for a month. They go away for a year, whatever. Their tenants are having a nice old time chatting away. They're a community. Now a disgruntled little runt who annoys a senior member of the permitted community is told to go away. They come back and they're told to go away again. They come back. Now this person is also the sort of person who implicitly accuses me of over-compensating for something (despite not knowing me or my level of intellect, or lack thereof apparantly) for using words that might strain their brain a little.

That's an incredibly complicated yet somehow mysteriously oversimplified example that has nothing to do with anything. The main problem with it is that the "Disgruntled little runt" is a stereotype and not a real person. You do not demonstrate that the "Runt" has any stake in it as they would a real community. You are also committing the mistake of take a specific example and presuming it proves the general cause.

A more apt comparison would be someone being kicked out of a large group of friends for being unpopular. It's always so sad in movies, but common practice on form. Lack of popularity has been the leading cause of bans since around 2003 when the net took a nose dive.

And don't you dare imply that I'm "Vermin".

This is not a flame at all.
    No individual is referenced.
    The post is in no sense aggressive.
    The upshot is 'The college is dull' and 'Limerick is dull'.

God knows why she went to Limerick, but surely it is acceptable to say that you don't like the place.

It is not accurate to call the above post a flame.

This is not a genuine discussion it is a chinese style 'struggle session'. Rozie has been treated differently from other posters. I know that she can be irritating but Nukem's ban was not justified and to describe it as a responce to 'a minor flaming offense' isn't accurate.

On the other hand Rozie you have to give as well as take.

MM

I'm trying to get out of limerick and explained that the reaosn I reacted like that was becuase I was genuinely concerned for anyone who ended up in such an uncreative place.

I realise I have to give, but I was never given much of a chance. If I was unbanned of course, I would demonstrate this, just to prove people wrong. I'm pretty sure I helped answer questions as people did mine, though.

Rozie wrote:
    (out of interst - calling left wingers illogical is part of the typical neo-con fallacy of reversing an argument they know they can't win, following similiar illogic to begging the question. In reality most neo-con arguments are determined by their inherent lack of logic, as they rely on "Appeal to tradition". Neo-cons persistantly turn around these accusations with little thought for how they apply, as they are unable to come up with their own, which is a sign of more primitive social behaviour than average. The more you know...)
    Oh f*cking bring it on. Insult boards, I'll troll. Insult conservatism and you die. Conservatives: no taxes, NO MERCY!

Now, actually, I could absolutely write a short library on why that post was pure and utter tripe and why your foolish relative ways bear no weight. But it's not the place. And I stick to the social contract. Isn''t that a desirable ideal? ;).

I don't think you know what a neo-conservative is and how it differences from a conservative, but "No taxes no mercy" hardly makes me think you're much better. Neo-cons are also socially conservative, and are also make many exemptions in their fiscal conservatism. I'm not going to get into how you're indirectly murdering hundreds of homeless people each year by putting the "economy" above human life.

But, I will in another topic, in another forum, if you feel like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Rozie, I know others have said it and it has been unheeded, but please, please go to talk to someone in a professional capacity in real life. You have been handed a tough hand in life; we all know this, and some of us would like to be able to help and support you through it, if it wasn't for the barrier of drama, agression, and ferocity you display.

You know, if you were an example to other people in kindness, empathy and tolerance, you would be much more likely to see those traits being displayed twoards you. Why not take the high road and kill your detractors with kindness? Ignore people who would degrade you because of what you are, but do try to take on board what people are telling you about who you are, or who you come across as.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Rozie, there is no point in continuing this. It is achieving nothing. As is, starting threads like this will only attract abuse. Just leave this go, it's not worth fighting over.

Some of the people on this thread have a lot of growing up to do. Rozie isn't the only one acting the child on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Rozie,
    Get Real again, except this time dont come back and open another thread or two bitc**n about the previous three and the fact that you are a tortured being who will never get any justice.

If you dont like the way you have been treated on Boards, I think you should take your posting elsewhere......seeing as you are not going to get any justice here.

Perhaps you will find somewhere where people will appreciate your intelligence, wit, common sense and of course tact.

At the end of the day, live is too short to be piss*ng against the wind.

Why cant you do this?
    Or failing that forget about this whole sorry episode, and get rid of the nic rozie, re register and start posting again.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    I don't think you know what a neo-conservative is and how it differences from a conservative, but "No taxes no mercy" hardly makes me think you're much better. Neo-cons are also socially conservative, and are also make many exemptions in their fiscal conservatism. I'm not going to get into how you're indirectly murdering hundreds of homeless people each year by putting the "economy" above human life.

To politics I go. I'll even set you up a thread. I challenge you to not get it locked.

Rozie wrote:
    I don't think you know what a neo-conservative is and how it differences from a conservative, but "No taxes no mercy" hardly makes me think you're much better. I'm not going to get into how you're indirectly murdering hundreds of homeless people each year by putting the "economy" above human life.

I'm not a neo con but i know your damn leftie ideas don't work, ideas based on tradition do, that's why they are tradition.The only people who the system harms are torrid self publicising commies like you who fail to accept that's your moaning and rebellion are what ruins society in the first place.

Oh f*cking bring it on. Insult boards, I'll troll. Insult conservatism and you die... NO MERCY!
    The chinese have nothing on you kid.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Rozie, I took the time to give you a decent response in the Opinions of Irish People thread. You ignored it and, instead, jumped on people who were slagging you off.

Also, a lot of people on this thread should cop on as well.

kippy wrote:
    ... nic rozie, re register and start posting again.

Is that allowed?

Seriously Rozie the principle of moderator control is more important than 'fairness' or 'consistency' or even 'predictability'. Just suck it up. Yes you've been unfairly treated.
    Yes other people have pretended that you haven't been unfairly treated.

But so what it doesn't matter. You would be better off not to worry about it.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You are a ****ing idiot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

In case anyone else wants to start a little crusade like Angry Banana then they will get a ban like him, except this time I will Cat ban them from the whole Soc section instead of just the Politics section.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...why is this still open? I feel like I walked around a still-smoking, burned out car at the end of the road on my way to work this morning, phoned it in to the police and yet here, when I come home seeking succour and my dinner, it's still there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

god, i cant believe charlton hasvent scored yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement