Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

blank screen, some help please

• 23-03-2006 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

hey i just dropped my nokia 3410 on the carpet in my room and the screen was working when i picked it up but about 20seconds later it went blank and although the light comes on my phone nothing appears on the screen. it doesn't make sense. has this happened to anyone else? i think 3410s may be prone to this as something similiar happened to my sister, they don't seem to wear well as phones.
    anyone have any idea what's wrong with it or is it any way fixable (eg has something like this happened to you?) im probably just going to end up getting a new one if i can't fix it myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i think the screen is broken, as if its gone blank. you might just need a new screen.
    or just get a new phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thanks. my sisters got the same phone but the screen works although the phone itself is crocked, i wonder if if possible to use her screen on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

snorlax wrote:
    thanks. my sisters got the same phone but the screen works although the phone itself is crocked, i wonder if if possible to use her screen on my phone

I suppose you could try that, but (and not trying to sound rude), do you know what you're doing? You'd probably need tools to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Pythia wrote:
    I suppose you could try that, but (and not trying to sound rude), do you know what you're doing? You'd probably need tools to do that.

Nokia's are fairly easy to take the screen off - there's a bunch of plastic tags holding a metal cage over the screen.

You snap the tags off, remove the cage & you can replace the screen.

The reason you don't here of it being done is often times it's just cheaper to buy a new phone than an individual screen.

This doesn't sound like a problem with the display itself though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

You will need a t6 screwdriver to get the screen off, i think it might be screen but then it might be internal damage eg the screen connector to the board.maybe but im not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

thanks everyone probably end up getting a replacement anyhow as there seems to be phones for quite cheap now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

aye you can get a 3410 screen for very little off ebay, normally come with instructions and easy to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mad ringo

if you can't do it yourself many places can ft new screens fairly cheap. but IMO i think you should upgrade :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

I think you should upgrade too, the 3410 is somewhat ''old''. Even if you upgrade to a 3510i it would be grand.

Advertisement