Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Razr V3x

• 23-03-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I bought this phone on 3 about 2 months ago its a brilliant phone with a decent camera. My one problem is that it seems to eat the battery. I dont get very long out of it at all. does anybody else have this phone and whats the battery life like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya i got it on 3 at christmas
    mostly i get 2 days out of it but if i give it serious use it might only last a day
    dosnt really matter to me as my charger is right beside my bed so i dont mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭crc

I got a V3x about 10 days ago. Its a great phone, but the two things I'm slightly disapointed about are the battery and the plastic battery cover. The cover wobbles by about a millimetre or two. As for the battery, well I've been using it intensively since I got it (a new toy!) and the battery lasts about 24-30 hours. If I don't use it except for calls and texts, I think I could probably get more than 48 hours out of it. In any case I carry a charger around in my back-pack.

However, these two things don't stop me loving this phone. If you haven't already you should download Opera Mini, it kicks as$. The V3x has great functions (mp3 player, video, 2MP camera) but isn't too expensive (you could certainly pay more for fewer features). Plus I like clam-shells, the screen is quite big, and I've just ordered a much larger micro-SD card.

well people on 3 can't use stuff like that opera mini because the got something which is called a walled garden meaning that we can't go outside the 'planet 3' portal though it aint as bad as it sounds because the amount of stuff on their portal is huge and the vast majority of it is free
    as for the battery cover moving a bit well i dont know about that now because mine stays in place perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I dont like the short battery life because for example when I go to oxegen this year im going to be rightly screwed. Everyone should buy a memory card for the phone its really handy I got a 512mb one on ebay for €20 including delivery. They cost €80 or €90 in shops!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I got this phone as well. At the time i was told that for all 3g phones have to be charged every night.

And thats what i have had to do. I only get a day and a half out of it.

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote:
    I dont like the short battery life because for example when I go to oxegen this year im going to be rightly screwed. Everyone should buy a memory card for the phone its really handy I got a 512mb one on ebay for €20 including delivery. They cost €80 or €90 in shops!!!
    believe me a phone at oxegen is useless it takes like 20 calls to get through to a number because theres so many people using the network
    although i suppose 3 would have a 3G signal up there so actually there might be barely anyone on the network up there meaning you would be one of the few people who can make calls easily
    don't tell that to anyone though because they will be asking to use your phone lol
    as for your batter going dead at oxegen you can get the whole weekend out of the phone as long as you dont use any 3G services and dont make to many calls or txts only important ones and you'll be grand

TommyGun wrote:
    I got this phone as well. At the time i was told that for all 3g phones have to be charged every night.

And thats what i have had to do. I only get a day and a half out of it.
    My Nokia 6680 lasts about 4 days, lol. But I did have a V3x for a while and it did only last me about a day and a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

my 6680 lasts about the same. just thank god you didn't buy the moto v975. that generally lasts about 8 seconds after you unplug it from the mains

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

my 6680 lasts about the same. just thank god you didn't buy the moto v975. that generally lasts about 8 seconds after you unplug it from the mains

Same here, the only time my Nokia 6680 only lasts a day is if I'm traveling and I start watching videos on it when sitting on a train for 2-3hours....but for general usage it lasts me a few days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i think its far better than an ipod video because, while in theory you can put and entire film on the ipod, the battery wouldn't last half the length of the film. i've watched full films followed by a few tv shows and the battery's still half full

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not forgetting you can switch the phone to off-line mode so it saves that little bit more battery because its not reciving/sending a GSM/3G signal anymore :)

Cabaal wrote:
    Not forgetting you can switch the phone to off-line mode so it saves that little bit more battery because its not receiving/sending a GSM/3G signal anymore :)
    Cabaal,
    How do you do this?

3G network is overrated. no real benefits for me. The phone's extra memory, MP3 player and camera is the only advantage of having a 3g phone.

TommyGun wrote:
    Cabaal,
    How do you do this?

3G network is overrated. no real benefits for me. The phone's extra memory, MP3 player and camera is the only advantage of having a 3g phone.

Press the power button on the right hand side on the phone, it'll bring up the menu....scroll down and select Offline
    This puts the phone into off-line mode so it won't connect to a GSM/3G netwotrk and can't send or receive txt's or calls.....saves alittle battery also :)

Cabaal wrote:
    Press the power button on the right hand side on the phone, it'll bring up the menu....scroll down and select Offline
    This puts the phone into off-line mode so it won't connect to a GSM/3G netwotrk and can't send or receive txt's or calls.....saves alittle battery also :)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

My 6680 tends to last more then a week on average. I tend to charge it every 8-10 days depending on how much I am using it.

I mite post a pic later on or tomorrow if I get a chance.

s10 wrote:

when refering to posting a picture are you refering to the 6680 or Razr?

well i put a episode of futurama and a episode of father ted on my v3x and it still lasted a day but by the end of the day it was on emergency power... really is a useless battery but you would very rarely get under a day on it without serious use

Here's a pic from the Razr V3x. Its a pic of the new building in UL if anyone is interested !

• Advertisement

V3x with the "macro" feature enabled. Excellent for really close snaps:
    http://www.iol.ie/~essentialsoft/images/04-01-06_0536.jpg

Nokia 6680 (as my friend said at the time "aww that's cute, taking a picture of a delapidated bridge...")
    http://www.iol.ie/~essentialsoft/images/18032006.jpg

Karsini wrote:
    V3x with the "macro" feature enabled. Excellent for really close snaps:
    http://www.iol.ie/~essentialsoft/images/04-01-06_0536.jpg

Nokia 6680 (as my friend said at the time "aww that's cute, taking a picture of a delapidated bridge...")
    http://www.iol.ie/~essentialsoft/images/18032006.jpg

Karsini,
    How do you switch 'macro' on?

There's a sliding switch underneath the inside LCD screen.

Karsini wrote:
    There's a sliding switch underneath the inside LCD screen.

Sorry,
    Ye, i know about that, i though there was some other setting.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

I've had my v3x with over a month now and I can't say I have many issues. Battery life seems normal - bonus points to Motorola for having it USB. The first weekend I got it I flashed the firmware to the motorola default, having those hardcoded Vodafone Live! buttons & whatnot didn't appeal to me.

I don't know why people are using such a small device as a video player. Seems absolutely pointless.

sleur wrote:
    I've had my v3x with over a month now and I can't say I have many issues. Battery life seems normal - bonus points to Motorola for having it USB. The first weekend I got it I flashed the firmware to the motorola default, having those hardcoded Vodafone Live! buttons & whatnot didn't appeal to me.

I don't know why people are using such a small device as a video player. Seems absolutely pointless.

Sleur,
    I would like to flash to Motorola default. Have you a link to the firmware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sleur

TommyGun wrote:
    Sleur,
    I would like to flash to Motorola default. Have you a link to the firmware?

I'll pm you a link to the forum with necessary info. I think i have it bookmarked on my home machine.

sleur wrote:
    I'll pm you a link to the forum with necessary info. I think i have it bookmarked on my home machine.

Thanks Sleur

Advertisement