Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goods Damaged in Post

Options
  • 23-03-2006 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place so apologies if it isn't.

I recently ordered dvds from play.com and when the postman arrived, he droped it as he was handing it to me.
    I didn't think anything of it bvut upon opening it, i found it was damaged.
    The damage is only superficial and the discs aren't scratched so I doubht getting a replacement would be worht my while.

But if I wanted a replacement, how would I go about it?
    Go to An Post themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

You're complainin cause the case is damaged then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah, but since it wasn't damaged while in the hand of play.com, I wonder are the abstained of responsibility?
    Or would Play's insurance policy cover the item untill it reaches the customer ful stop?
    Would I have to go through An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres not really anyway of knowing that him dropping it did the damage. It could well have been damaged from being flung around a sorting office. The guy doing the posting in plays warehouse could have dropped it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've never had any such problem, but I think you would have to complain to the seller - in this case play.com as they should be packaging the item to withstand the treatment that it might get between the time it leaves their warehouse and it is delivered to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Not sure if this is the right place so apologies if it isn't.

I recently ordered dvds from play.com and when the postman arrived, he droped it as he was handing it to me.
    I didn't think anything of it bvut upon opening it, i found it was damaged.
    The damage is only superficial and the discs aren't scratched so I doubht getting a replacement would be worht my while.

But if I wanted a replacement, how would I go about it?
    Go to An Post themselves?

I buy discs all the time from play. You will have no issue getting the damaged item replaced. Just send them a mail with a picture stating that the disc arrived in that condition. Their normal response is to send a replacement with no quibble whatsoever:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes I would imagine play are fine. I had damaged cases from cdwow and they simply sent me out a new case. It was a dvd jewel case and the things that you press to get a disc out were all broken.

Macker1 wrote:
    I buy discs all the time from play. You will have no issue getting the damaged item replaced. Just send them a mail with a picture stating that the disc arrived in that condition. Their normal response is to send a replacement with no quibble whatsoever:)

Hang on...did he read you correctly?
    You just said that if I email play.com a picture of the damages, they will simply send a new one to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Hang on...did he read you correctly?
    You just said that if I email play.com a picture of the damages, they will simply send a new one to me?

This has happened to me on 2 different occasions. Unless Play have changed their policy they gave me replacements with no questions asked. Having said that I'm a long time customer with frequent purchases.

They do the same if the package fails to arrive by post. :)

Right, well I'll go check their policy now.

Advertisement