Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Address?

Options
  • 23-03-2006 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Just wondering on the state of play on changing my address on my certs? Ive finaly cut the apron strings and bought a place of my own. But ive only moved afew hundred yards down the road, would miss mamas home made cooking to much to go any further :D

Point is ive moved guns and safe to the new place but am just wondering are the gardi going to want to send someone round to check on security and that? Am abit straped for the green at the min so dont have the readies for an alarm

Cheers for all the help;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Don't know how PULSE handles changes of address chem. Best idea might be to ask your local garda. Let us know how you get on - this is something that would be of interest to a fair few people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

Chem,
    I moved recently, I have an air rifle and a centrefire 6.5. I informed my local, and the next time the cert was issued it was to the new station. I called in to collect and to meet the local Guard as well, his biggest concern was that he had more paperwork, and was hoping I wasnt changing firearms as this would involve yet more paperwork. I had no probs. Having that said, the new place is alarmed and I have a safe as well.

Actually, I know you hear a lot about difficulty getting certs and I thought it might be good to tell the other side as well. When I applied for the 6.5, I was living at home, no alarm, but a safe.
    Three weeks later I got a call from my local Guard on my mobile, telling me he had called up to my place, there was no-one home and he left my new cert on the Kitchen table. Drop in the money when I could.
    There are some advantages to growing up in a small country town...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

dbar wrote:
    Three weeks later I got a call from my local Guard on my mobile, telling me he had called up to my place, there was no-one home and he left my new cert on the Kitchen table. Drop in the money when I could.
    There are some advantages to growing up in a small country town...

Amazing, how some forces around the country work.!!!:D :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dbar wrote:
    ..there was no-one home and he left my new cert on the Kitchen table. ...

How the fcuk did he get into the kitchen???

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭scout

small town they dont use locks ,poob passed the gun in in a closset in the hall too

does anyone know what time jeffersports closes 2day? i cant get through

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

scout wrote:
    does anyone know what time jeffersports closes 2day? i cant get through

As far as I know, Jeffers is open mon-sat 09:00-17:30, but closed all day thursday, closes shop from 13:00-14:15 for lunch when trading...

TJ911....

Advertisement