Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Call from Irish Broadband - PLEASE READ

• 23-03-2006 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi All,

Has anyone who has Irish Broadband just got a call out of the blue checking that they have the correct account details for them??? Name, Address, Phone Number and email address. Have been with them today and got a call from them,they also offered to send me email statements - can somebody let me know if they have got one from them?

After I rung them back they didn't know who had rung me and they hadn't updated my details,

anyway thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Newcomers wrote:
    Hi All,

Has anyone who has Irish Broadband just got a call out of the blue checking that they have the correct account details for them??? Name, Address, Phone Number and email address. Have been with them today and got a call from them,they also offered to send me email statements - can somebody let me know if they have got one from them?

After I rung them back they didn't know who had rung me and they hadn't updated my details,

anyway thanks!

I am virtually certain that there was a similar query posted here recently (did a quick search but no luck) iirc the call was received at an unusual time like Sunday evening and they claimed they were setting up a new customer database and wanted details confirmed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

they told you to ring them back on a Dublin 419 number too I'll wager :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Did they already know your details? or were asking you?

I got a similar call from ntl, some ***** was offering me broadband, luckily I gave her my mom's old bank details lol

god damn scammers :(

Advertisement