Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

torque bb

Options
  • 23-03-2006 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of torque broadband? the reason i am asking is because i have just signed up with them for wireless broadband and want to know if their service is any good. they are the only way i can get broadband. any help or advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I hear that the installation is v.expensive but if its the only broadband you can get its worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

Installation is 300 Euro. I was with eircom but recently moved house where BB is not available yet. Need to get back on to xbox live. 300 is not that dear in this day and age, is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

are you in a GBS area where the government subsidises installs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

tell him where to find out and then he might know :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oswaldcobblepot

Hey i have been with torque for about 6 weeks now. After a year of sending in applications and calling then they finally came out and the installation was very quick and efficient and the internet was really quite fast better than i expected. I was on the bronze package and i was getting speeds over the advertised speed so i was quite happy. It slowed down quite a bit during the evening which was a pain in the ass but i just accepted it. Then after a week the problems started. Since then the internet id down almost every weekend so it is basically useless since im not here in the daytime to get any reasonable speed. Basically the service is terrible. It seems to me that the company has expanded too far too fast. If there are ANY other alternatives go fo them! The internet has been down since thursday and after calling them over and over i finally arranged for then to come out and fix the problem, this thursday, which i sincerely doubt is at my end. The only reason i can write this is because im in college. What a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Hey i have been with torque for about 6 weeks now. After a year of sending in applications and calling then they finally came out and the installation was very quick and efficient and the internet was really quite fast better than i expected. I was on the bronze package and i was getting speeds over the advertised speed so i was quite happy. It slowed down quite a bit during the evening which was a pain in the ass but i just accepted it. Then after a week the problems started. Since then the internet id down almost every weekend so it is basically useless since im not here in the daytime to get any reasonable speed. Basically the service is terrible. It seems to me that the company has expanded too far too fast. If there are ANY other alternatives go fo them! The internet has been down since thursday and after calling them over and over i finally arranged for then to come out and fix the problem, this thursday, which i sincerely doubt is at my end. The only reason i can write this is because im in college. What a joke.

Whereabouts are you living? I had a problem about 5/6 weeks ago, but they replaced the mast and it's been fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oswaldcobblepot

we are connected to the hollywood server thing but we live in kildare. well after a week of nothing we finally got something but with the slowest speeds ever. i have to access a page a few times before it starts to load and even then it takes ages. when i do a line speed test i get amazing results, faster than the package i have which is strange considering how slow it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vlf126

BEWARE..ive been with torque for about a year and a half,this servise is crap and not worth 300 connection + 45 i was paying them a month... ALSO THANKS TO TORQUE they have now been bought over by Callidus.. none of torques customers were told about this... as from the 1/12/2006 we all now are part of callidus.. hopefully the service will greatly improve and not before time...Torque could not supply the bandwidth needed for all the customers they had ,so what happened to all the money paid in every month from everybody... Anyway i hope the service improves.. Please ring callidus to find out more info.. At least when i rang they answered the phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

There is a thread in Ireland Offline under hosted if anyone wants to see more complaints about this provider. Its currently just been bumped from about a year ago.

Torque used to provide good service but apparently its been terrible lately.

Apparently isnt the word.. During the summer i thought they hit the nail on the head and sorted the problem..this lasted for about 4 days and then it went back to normal ...CRAP...!!! and im on the saggart mast...i felt sorry for the girls that answered the phone because they honestly didnt know what to say to customers.. info from the inside said that Torque ran out of money..i wonder did they run out of wages too...UNLIKELY... Anyway i hope the service improves for all the people like myself that stuck it out...please can you forward the link to the site you mentioned..many thanks

• Advertisement

Hi has anybody yet cancelled the direct debit that Torque used to collect every month, if not YOU SHOULD, Remember nobody should be accessing your account unless its the company who you are with Formally Torque,ring Callidus and ask them to post out a new direct debit mandate form for them to collect it.. i asked them in December and still i have had no form.. Maybe not the fault of Callidus the internet in december was off with the exception of 4 days,,also just to keep you updated the tecnical staff or the engineers that worked for Torque now work for Callidus ????? MMMMMMMMMM i ask you.. Anyway people should ring Callidus and ask them for a new form for the direct debit..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I was one of the first people on torque a few years ago. They messed around with billing, the service was appalling and they kept complaining about my over usage (ie: download 1 gig and you get a call) This was the 2mb/2mb service which magically got downgraded to 1mb

Not that it got over 20k/s anyway.

Yep, Just steer clear, most of these areas are getting broadband now so it's ok.

Advertisement