Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for golden number?

• 23-03-2006 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

Guys im looking for a golden number. would anyone know where i can get one or who i could contact.
    i donot mind what network it is 083/085/086/087
    but i would like something like 0833333383/0877777717 etc
    i am getting a new bill phone so hope to get one of these numbers soon.

if someone knows someone that i can contact then please pm me

Thanks in advance

PLEASE DONOT THREAD SPOIL OR RUIN THE THREAD OR I WILL REPORT YOU!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up each one's customer service desk and ask tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

What are you expecting people to tell you ? That you find the number on the street and away you go ? Just use the head and think if i try ringing customer care they might help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I take it from your previous posting http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054898146

That O2 got back to you and told you they can't give you such a number...hence this new thread?
    So I guess that rules of O2?, best to ring the other three now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks for your replys.i did have a thread up before but i kept with the double take offer.but i am still looking for a number like that. i have contacted a guy in o2 and he said he will have a look for me but i thought maybe someone here might be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

You could try ringing the numbers e.g..0833333383/0877777717...

and if someone answers then you could ask to buy the phone number off of them and give them a new number for free.

If it's a kid he might give it to you for €50 or something.

To be honest I don't think the mobile operators will offer this to you unless maybe you know somebody high up working for them who could sort you out.

• Advertisement

daveyjoe wrote:
    You could try ringing the numbers e.g..0833333383/0877777717...

and if someone answers then you could ask to buy the phone number off of them and give them a new number for free.

If it's a kid he might give it to you for €50 or something.

To be honest I don't think the mobile operators will offer this to you unless maybe you know somebody high up working for them who could sort you out.

i know there hard to get but i contacted someone high up in o2 today and he said he will look into it but as these guys are busy i think he will forget about it easily. but i will keep at him and i am meeting a o2 rep on tuesday so hopefully he can help.
    i would pay 50 and a little bonus to a kid to give me the number:D

drdre wrote:
    i know there hard to get but i contacted someone high up in o2 today and he said he will look into it but as these guys are busy i think he will forget about it easily. but i will keep at him and i am meeting a o2 rep on tuesday so hopefully he can help.
    i would pay 50 and a little bonus to a kid to give me the number:D

Had a meeting with o2 rep today and he said there shouldnt be a problem getting a golden number but he said he will contact the girl that deals with that.now fingers crossed that i will get it. also getting 2 k750is for free in the deal.:D and he said he will find out if he can give me line rental free for a free months.lets wait and see what package he comes back to me with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

class! How are ya getting 2 k750is for free? Jesus id try it as well to get them and then sell them on! LOL

class! How are ya getting 2 k750is for free? Jesus id try it as well to get them and then sell them on! LOL

i am getting 2 business lines with them one for me and one for my dad, and the guy is our new account manager and he is going to try and get me a cheap 9300 in the deal.i only met him today so i told him go off to the office and sit down and decide what the deal is and when he calls back then im still going to ask for more.:D like an extra phone or free minutes.

i will have to wait 1-2 days for a reply from him and hope its good news.but the 2 k750i's are defo free in the deal.

Can ya get me an unlocked nokia N70 for free and I'l give you my unlocked 6680 for free?

• Advertisement

Can ya get me an unlocked nokia N70 for free and I'l give you my unlocked 6680 for free?

thats a nice deal:D , i donot know what other phones are available i am still waiting for a list of phones and price from him.hopefully should get it within a day or two. i donot want a k750i i want to try and get a 9300 instead.but i will just have to wait and see.

sure is a nice deal! But if you get two 9300's send one my way please?!

sure is a nice deal! But if you get two 9300's send one my way please?!

:D , i will keep you updated.donot worry, o2 are really desperate for business so if you want call them and see what offers they can give you.as my other o2 bill is about to expire and i rang them to cancel and they said they can offer me 50% discount on my tariff if i sign up again for a 1yr contract.thats good as i have timeshre 500 so i can get 500 mins by only paying for 250 mins :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Are custom numbers referred to as "Golden" numbers? Never knew that. Once you find out, could you let me know or post here please, would like to know myself:)

cormie wrote:
    Are custom numbers referred to as "Golden" numbers? Never knew that. Once you find out, could you let me know or post here please, would like to know myself:)

i never knew thwy were golden numbers till i was told by a friend working in o2. anyway i will keep you guys updated with the deal i get. he said it will take him 1-2 days as he is busy and it might take longer as he has to find out about number.

so donot worry but i will post it up once i find out

I have two golden numbers for sale :

This is how the number will appear 086 1111112 That is not the number but an example of how it will be. €100 and you get €25 credit with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I would be interested to know what kind of deal O2 offer you, just out of interest, drdre - even though I see you have bought 2 numbers.

jrey1981 wrote:
    I would be interested to know what kind of deal O2 offer you, just out of interest, drdre - even though I see you have bought 2 numbers.

i will tell you guys what deal they give me. they have said 2 phones will be free i said k750i but he said he might be able to give me better ones for cheaper.and i will get back to me with a list of the best prices he can offer.i am hoping for 3 months line rental or something free.

But just to tell you guys i am on o2 at the momnet and she said if i renew my contract i can get 50% off my line for next yr.thats a good deal but i just want to change number.

She will offer you the same deal if not better once you have your own numbers :)

Sarge wrote:
    She will offer you the same deal if not better once you have your own numbers :)

they should also be giving me golden numbers.i know 1 guy high up so hopefully he will get me one with 7's as thats what i reallllllyyyyy want!!!.
    but i will just have to wait and see.

Golden numbers are still available but just hard to find.

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    they should also be giving me golden numbers.i know 1 guy high up so hopefully he will get me one with 7's as thats what i reallllllyyyyy want!!!.
    but i will just have to wait and see.

Golden numbers are still available but just hard to find.

why you want another one ? You bought two off me that you are paying for tomorrow ?

Sarge wrote:
    why you want another one ? You bought two off me that you are paying for tomorrow ?

Thanks to sarge i got great numbers

if anyonw wants to know i will pm them but not post it online.:D

thanks, now its up to o2 to get back to me with a feal

so far they have said 2 k750i,3 months line rental free and i think im going to get timeshare 1000 as me and my dad will be on the same package.:D

Best numbers ever ;)

Sarge wrote:
    Best numbers ever ;)
    :D if you have any more get back to me as now all my friends are asking for one:eek:

drdre wrote:
    :D if you have any more get back to me as now all my friends are asking for one:eek:

€100 euro baby :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sarge, how are you getting these numbers? Can you get any number?

cormie wrote:
    Sarge, how are you getting these numbers? Can you get any number?

NO , i cant and no i have no more and yes it was luck :D

Sarge you are a gentleman to deal with and i recieved the numbers todat.thank you very much.now the only problem is i have to use 60 euro credit before monday before o2 change it to a bill phone:D .

drdre wrote:
    Sarge you are a gentleman to deal with and i recieved the numbers todat.thank you very much.now the only problem is i have to use 60 euro credit before monday before o2 change it to a bill phone:D .

You can ask o2 to take that money off your first months bill.

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote:
    You can ask o2 to take that money off your first months bill.

ok i didnot know thats possible but i will ask the o2 account manager for more info.will that be all the credit.when i registered it says i will recieve 10 on the sim(thats here), 20euro in 24 hrs and it says 10 euro for 4 months
    can i recieve the total 70 euro off my bill.could you please find this out
    Thanks for your help

Advertisement